Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 22, 2009, 06:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I've gone through many so far, only the ones I see now are showing issues, all my affinties are good and settings are good. Gonna nuke em all and restart them hoping for the best.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 22, 2009, 06:55 PM
Banned
F@H

also a quick screenie can help a lot. maybe you picked up a special run? fahmon, enable all infos(right click on ppd tab and check as necessary), screenie :

Old December 22, 2009, 07:02 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I've gone through many so far, only the ones I see now are showing issues, all my affinties are good and settings are good. Gonna nuke em all and restart them hoping for the best.

ST
Just out of curiosity which monitering program are you using.

When I was using FahSpy it had problems reporting the correct WU, when switching from a 353 to 1888 it would sometimes give a stupid low ppd like ~1153 or something.

By the sound of your 6+hour runtime it sounds more like a 1888 being misreported.

Before you nuke it try stoping and restarting the WU and see if that has any effect...

Old December 22, 2009, 07:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Its the new Core for Uni-Processor screwing things up for GPU's.

Just tested it on Rig #2. Confirmed it with running with and without and it killed GPU PPD.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old December 22, 2009, 07:08 PM
Banned
F@H

woah! but how does it have such an impact? console and tray!
Old December 22, 2009, 07:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

25-85% of Production is slashed , and that was just running 2 Uni's.
So, until I get myself VMware comfortable, I am going GPU only for the time being.

ST

Old December 22, 2009, 07:16 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

You should be able to avoid the new WU's by removing the -advmethods flag from your cpu clients.

This wouldn't happen if you were running SMP...

Old December 22, 2009, 07:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
You should be able to avoid the new WU's by removing the -advmethods flag from your cpu clients.

This wouldn't happen if you were running SMP...
Noted LCB001, I am going to setup something over the Holiday week to avoid this.
If someone I know can give me a hand lol.

ST

Old December 23, 2009, 04:36 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Something is still messing up somewhere, it ran 4 hours fine last night and now when I checked them out this morning same bloody issue, except that one of my Rigs couldn't send the results to Stanford and it went from putting out 18K/day to 990ppd... I didn't get a chance to nuke the W/U's on it before I went to work, only on the Matrix which was doing the same thing as well.

I dunno what the heck is up, but I can say that its not my hardware at least.

Somehow I think I'm the only one with this issue so far though..

ST