Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 16, 2009, 01:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default secrecy

would it be possible to make the F@H section locked to everyone but the people that fold? this way we could prevent them from finding out about our tricks to get better PPD.
the mods could move the sign-up sheet to the off topic area so people would still notice it and be able to join.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old December 16, 2009, 01:39 PM
Banned
F@H

bad idea or good idea.
open = publicity
closed = no publicity but 'i wanna have it because i cant' mentality :D
Old December 16, 2009, 01:45 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Bad idea. F@H is not about competition, it's about working together to find a cure. Any rivalries between teams are friendly, and if anyone has a method for getting more PPD out of our hardware, that knowledge should be passed on so that everyone can benefit from it. Closing the F@H forum to outsiders goes completely against the spirit of the project and of what we do.
Old December 16, 2009, 01:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

somewhat, although it may mean that they don't stay, more people would fold for a little while to see what it was and some number of them would like it and stick around. it is not like we are depriving people of information since it is only information based on F@H which if they are not folding they do not want.
we would also have to have more active checking of when people are folding so we don't get spies. if someone like BWM stopped folding all of a sudden they would probably have a longer reprieve before losing the title of folder and as such access.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old December 16, 2009, 01:47 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bissa View Post
somewhat, although it may mean that they don't stay, more people would fold for a little while to see what it was and some number of them would like it and stick around. it is not like we are depriving people of information since it is only information based on F@H which if they are not folding they do not want.
we would also have to have more active checking of when people are folding so we don't get spies. if someone like BWM stopped folding all of a sudden they would probably have a longer reprieve before losing the title of folder and as such access.
You're suggesting that HWC force people to fold for them in order to gain access to the F@H subforum. That is wrong, plain and simple. You're again treating this like it's some sort of competition where all the teams are out to get each other and hoard their "secrets". If that's truly the way that you want to participate in folding, then I don't want to know from it.
Old December 16, 2009, 01:48 PM
F@H

My System Specs

There's nothing on here that can't be found elsewhere, like the Folding Forum and EVGA. And your idea is based on the competition for PPD being the most important, while it's the research and science that comes from Folding that is much more important. The PPD competition is just us boys bragging about our e-peen.

Edit: Totally 'd.
Old December 16, 2009, 01:49 PM
F@H

My System Specs

This is only about the science, nothing more. Why put it under lock and key for an Elite Few?

Nay I say.

It will never happen so long as I'm here.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 16, 2009, 01:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

Nah.

Your heart is in the right place , but as mentioned , this really is one big team effort. (Team humanity)

Keeping tweaks secret holds everybody back , and we don't want that.

Making more points for HWC boils down to cash/effort/and help from each other.The only way for more points is more clients.

Old December 16, 2009, 01:55 PM
Banned
F@H

competition is important as well :)
Old December 16, 2009, 01:58 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
competition is important as well :)
Science is more important.