Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 16, 2009, 01:59 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I believe the name of the game is to protein fold to further scientific research in helping cure cancer and diseases not see who can produce the most ppd. PPD was introduced really to give people like us some kind of bonus for folding. That day the points all disappeared some of us were wondering were they went and if we'd get them, seeing as they lost everyone's and they didn't lose any work units it wasn't a loss to most of us because if you're folding just for point and not to help with research maybe this isn't for you. VERY bad idea to limit some of the ways we may find or figure out to increase how quickly we can get a work unit done, i'd like the opposite, to try to let others know because the more work units done the sooner we can cure what is killing people.
Old December 16, 2009, 02:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok true, it is about the work done, not who can do it the absolute fastest. I keep seeing people talking about overtaking TPU and how people from TPU were getting hints from our site.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old December 16, 2009, 02:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Its friendly bantering, its like you how joke with a friend whose on another team in a beer league that you're going to beat them and how you're team is so much better when it just comes down to it its about fun (in our case helping kick cancer's ass).
Old December 16, 2009, 02:22 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Its friendly bantering, its like you how joke with a friend whose on another team in a beer league that you're going to beat them and how you're team is so much better when it just comes down to it its about fun (in our case helping kick cancer's ass).

AAAND keep us warm in the winter months :p
Old December 16, 2009, 02:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

not just cancer, but I get your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
AAAND keep us warm in the winter months :p
ya, my computer kept my room cool last year, now that I have moved out I went home for a weekend and almost froze to death in my room.

Old December 16, 2009, 02:35 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I dont think they should lock the forum because how would new member know what to do if they cant see the threads that tell them what to download to get F@H going.
That and we do have people from other teams come here and help out in the forums witch is almost as good as if they were on our team. And with it being locked El Fiendo and bogmali would not be able to keep team TPU in the loop, they would fall behind not knowing what to do, It would be terrible, Them wasting CPU and GPU cycles. I would hope in the future we could get some more seasoned folders come check out our forum, Even if their not on the team every person contributing to the forum is a benefit to us all. That and comments that El Fiendo and bogmali and Buck Nasty leave just add fuel to our fire and make us fold harder. Come on guys lets pass them . (Plus the challenge is just for fun, its nice to have a little with them Before we pass them )
Old December 16, 2009, 02:37 PM
Banned
F@H

hmm...bad dude here and i kinda think alike folding wise. oy m8, what beer ya like?
Old December 16, 2009, 02:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
hmm...bad dude here and i kinda think alike folding wise. oy m8, what beer ya like?
me? I am still 17, have only actually been drunk once but I have tasted numerous alcohols and so far I have not liked the taste of any beer.
and I realized something, if everything on here can be found elsewhere, then there would be no problem for others to find information about how to increase effectiveness if we locked it. we just provide a nice succinct storage of data that makes it very convenient for others to use our ideas against us.
and as dangtx said in his first post, people would be curious about what it is and would start folding, since it does force them to fold, they would notice that it does not really affect regular use of a computer and may join us meaning better PPD.

EDIT: and as I said, people will not lose access to something that they want, like if we locked off topic or galleries to everyone but folders than it would be bad, we are locking information about F@H and people would still see that it exists and also as I said the mods could move the sign-up sheet to the off topic area.

Old December 16, 2009, 03:01 PM
Banned
F@H

drunk? no man. that is not the q lol. getting drunk is stupid. having a good beer, well thats something else. takes you a bit to get it tough..ahem back to folding.
Old December 16, 2009, 03:06 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

At my age, all I want is to help whenever I can, and have fun. If that means no competition, which any of us could learn something from, then that's stagnation, which isn't on my favorite words list. Doors wide open sound better to me because you'll have as many different interpretations as how to apply one as you do people in any any of the other lines. One thing's for sure, if ya blow it up trying to implement someone elses' idea, sorry dude, start over again LOL.

All I really want are the diseases wiped and the fun in having helped do it, its good for ya, healthy, makes friends, Else I wouldn't have anything else to do except get dirty, and I dunna wanna be kicked outa here for that!
Closed Thread