Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10, 2009, 10:23 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Let us all pray

For no more equipment failures the rest of this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old December 11, 2009, 02:27 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Amen!!!!

Failures had my rigs down for almost 2 months.

Things seem to be coming together for me now. Rigs are back at putting out 15k PPD and I have a 9600 GSO coming my way.
Old December 11, 2009, 04:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

praise that amen boy i have had huge amounts of gear fail in the last 2 days it has been painfull. hoping nothing else is going to bolw up.
Old December 11, 2009, 04:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I must say I was under the impression that a computer which was self built with reliable parts (like we all do ) was less prone to failure despite the fact many of us use it beyond what a regular user does.

However, lately I have seen a raise in the number of failures.
Old December 11, 2009, 06:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

Roger that.

Just got my new (replacement) 260.I should be bringing clients back online right away.

Old December 11, 2009, 07:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Hallelujah! It would be nice if hardware would stop crapping out on us but i guess we are riding them a little bit harder then the average user. I am still fighting with vmware slightly to stop eating my big adv wu. Yesterday i had one 'fail' when it got corestatus(0)=0 and i haven't a clue what that meant so i bumped up Vtt to 1.34V. What gets me is that this is the first time i've seen that happen and it had been folding for hours (from 30 to 40%) before it happened, it wasn't sudden.
Old December 11, 2009, 07:26 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
For no more equipment failures the rest of this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had my little 8800gt folding 24/7 for the last week wishing that it would fail so I can justify upgrading! I'm getting sick of listening to the fan though...
Old December 11, 2009, 07:37 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecher View Post
I have had my little 8800gt folding 24/7 for the last week wishing that it would fail so I can justify upgrading! I'm getting sick of listening to the fan though...
you should upgrade now if you can and save your 8800gt for back up or even better you can mix and match cards now so you can fold with both
Old December 11, 2009, 07:59 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecher View Post
Crap try anything bro, if for no other reason than your own sanity!. Re-orient the thing, point the back of the machine in a different direction, anything.!! I know, sounds trivial and pathetic or maybe even stoooooooopid but sometimes that's all it takes.
Old December 11, 2009, 08:35 AM
Banned
F@H

faillures are a big nono in me book. even tough cheap, i pay attention to what i put together, probably more than i should :)