Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 11, 2009, 10:17 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
Crap try anything bro, if for no other reason than your own sanity!. Re-orient the thing, point the back of the machine in a different direction, anything.!! I know, sounds trivial and pathetic or maybe even stoooooooopid but sometimes that's all it takes.

I've actually cut the fan speed back to 60% with rivatuner so things are bearable now... temps get into the low 80's with 353 WU.'s I noticed that with bigger WU (1888?) that it will only fold in bursts so the temps are much lower, as well as PPD though... I thought something went wrong the first time I noticed that it was only folding in bursts, I could here a phone ringing faintly in the backgound while watching TV and after awhile figured out it was the 8800gt! I have never heard it do that before, just started folding again as it's now winter. Things seem to have changed a bit since the last time I folded... and as for Upgrading, I have get that approved by the wife/ accountant. and everytime I bring it up, she brings up the brand new quad I bought last fall...
Old December 11, 2009, 10:31 AM
Allstar
F@H

Well I've given my rig a NICE cleaning this morning, finally giving a real good block of time to my GTX 260...my temps dropped 15 degrees. MAN that is embarrasing...I gotta get a GPU block
Attached Images

A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old December 11, 2009, 10:40 AM
Banned
F@H

wait so you got stock cooling? not bad. whatever dual slot and you can adjust the fan speed is decent.
Old December 11, 2009, 10:50 AM
Allstar
F@H

Yeah I'm rather impressed with this little EVGA cooler at the moment. I was expecting higher with an overclock and folding, but definitely won't complain.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old December 11, 2009, 10:59 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

So before you cleaned it, your temps were in the 90's? wow, I thought 80's were up there with my 8800gt...
Old December 11, 2009, 11:08 AM
Banned
F@H

impressive indeed. how much dust did you get out? or was the old thermal compound at fault as well.
Old December 11, 2009, 11:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

and pray for a TPU wide equipment failure.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old December 11, 2009, 12:26 PM
Allstar
F@H

We'll just leave it at: My EVGA gave birth to a kitten ;)
-Author Unknown
Old December 11, 2009, 02:32 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neolithium_Wpg View Post
We'll just leave it at: My EVGA gave birth to a kitten ;)

thats it!! ship me some of what youve been drinking asap!!!!
Old December 11, 2009, 03:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

Wife is on the way home with Vodka for me ;) But actually having 3 cats in the house, causes all manner of Havoc & Chaos with my dust in the HAF. First shot of duster across the GPU fan, and POOF, cats nearby ran like hell thinking the world was coming to an end.
-Author Unknown