Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 9, 2009, 08:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks!

So I wait until I completed 10 WU's and then I replace the flags.

How do I actually edit the flag with the console version? It's quite easy with the tray versions, simply go into configuration and voilą.

Do I simply go into the client console and type the line ./fah6 -bigadv -smp 7 or do I delete the client and remake one from the scratch in the VMware player? or...

EDIT : seems to work so far!
EDIT 2 : HOLY , just passed the 3% and the PPD appeared 7644.61!!! that's more than 3 times what my ol' 4 standard tray clients would do, it was worth the bump to 3.6ghz Temps are a little higher, but nothing I'll worry about for now. Can't wait to add that 2nd GTX285 down the road and hope everything is stable ^_^
Attached Images

Last edited by Lamb; December 9, 2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old December 9, 2009, 08:54 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Yup just re-start the client and enter the commands. No need to delete anything. Make sure you follow the part of the guide where you configure the web service...this is where you place the passkey that will be emailed to you.

Don't worry about sounding like a noob...this folding stuff has a language of its own. The next thing you know, you will be spouting stuff like 'OC your shaders and use bigadv for maximum PPD and pray you avoid 511s, especially if you have a vmware client competing for cycles or you may eue on your WUs and give up f@h for good'
Fold for team #54196
Old December 9, 2009, 08:58 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Yup just re-start the client and enter the commands. No need to delete anything. Make sure you follow the part of the guide where you configure the web service...this is where you place the passkey that will be emailed to you.
Ok thanks I'll bookmark this thread to make sure I remember everything heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Don't worry about sounding like a noob...this folding stuff has a language of its own. The next thing you know, you will be spouting stuff like 'OC your shaders and use bigadv for maximum PPD and pray you avoid 511s, especially if you have a vmware client competing for cycles or you may eue on your WUs and give up f@h for good'
Old December 10, 2009, 05:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sorry I couldn't help earlier. I have no idea how the -bigadv client works since I have dual core PCs.

Have you considered temporarily running multiple VMware clients so you can finish the 10 WU requirement sooner?
Old December 10, 2009, 06:00 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Sorry I couldn't help earlier. I have no idea how the -bigadv client works since I have dual core PCs.

Have you considered temporarily running multiple VMware clients so you can finish the 10 WU requirement sooner?
Nope I haven't thought about it, but I think I'll leave it where it's at for not, works great as it is
Old December 10, 2009, 08:40 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
That would actually be worse. The single client will finish workunits faster in series than multiple VMs would finish them in parallel.
Old December 10, 2009, 01:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
That would actually be worse. The single client will finish workunits faster in series than multiple VMs would finish them in parallel.
The requirement is 10 A2 WU completed with passkey I believe.

Quote:
Bonus point requirements

1) At least 10 Core A2 work units must be completed. (1920 or 25403 pt units qualify)
2) At least 80% of Core A2 work units must be completed in time.
3) A passkey must be used.
Old December 10, 2009, 03:04 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
The requirement is 10 A2 WU completed with passkey I believe.
You're missing the point. If he were to run two 4-core VMs or four 2-core VMs on his PC instead of one 8-core VMs, although he'd be running more units at the same time, it would take him more time overall to complete ten workunits than it would if he just used a single 8-core VM and let them finish one after another.