Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10, 2009, 07:47 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Better not burn down damnit!! Not after spending what I did on it, plus designing my own power control/distribution panel with UPS' and the usual circuit breakers and temp sensors etc wired for auto overtemp shutdown and fail-safe, all to protect just the lil farm, all before we moved here. Matter of fact, since me PPD dropped 10k already, I called my boss to go out and crank it all up again tonight, if he has time.

Been absolutely great so far. Graduation was full of surprises I never could have dreamed of. All due my wife's long memory and sneaky efforts. It really broke me up. So with diploma in hand, gotta wait it out for Saturday, the most important day in my life, even more so for her.

Still planning on being back home late Sunday afternoon so we'll catch ya l8rz!

PS: I'm not a Ph.D on these furums. Cain't spull goot 'nuff fur dat anywhoos.

May you all be so well blessed someday, if you're not already.

B&CM
Old December 10, 2009, 11:05 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by odis172 View Post
Whats the risks of leaving it on?
Having a failure somewhere in the farm, worst case would be a power supply that for one reason or another doesn't auto-shutdown when necessary, as required in the formal PSU Standard Specs Document, thus leading to a fire. And yes folks, there are boatloads of some of the more well known models that WILL NOT do that task in accordance with the standards!!!!! Thus what some of you might think is paranoia on my part is far from it in fact. I don't want to leave a house that I paid out the wazoo in cash for under assumed trust. But, given ST's now limited production, I'm willing to let my own protection design do its job.