Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 7, 2009, 02:18 PM
Banned
F@H

Default a certain somebody has big plans

who else but our own bwm!!!!!

not sure hell spill the beans on his new adventure, maybe maybe not :D

go brado!!!!!!!

Old December 7, 2009, 03:25 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Dan sure knows how to put a fella on the spot. But yes, two big dreams have come true, even at my age of 61. First is that I finally earned my PhD. in electrical engineering with grad and diploma issuance this coming Wednesday in San Diego.

The rest I swear is still more like a dream than real, but the reality of it will hit once again this coming week when my new wife and I, my soul mate of more than 20 years, exchange marriage vows a second time. All for those closest to us who could not attend the first one in Colorado three weeks ago, where we live and work, can see it happen. They deserve it. This woman has always been incredibly important and special to me, for more than 20 years. What she wanted all those years, I was too wrapped up in work and college to let get in the way. On the date of my last promotion, she asked for marriage, I was stunned, floored, said YES, and that was it. That kind of devotion and patience cannot go unfulfilled. She's my dream come true. Now her kids, my kids, and remaining living relatives, who have always been very close, become closer still. Two of us, absolutely inseparable for the remainder of our lives, beyond any possible doubt. Weather one believes in God or not, this was meant to be.

Old December 7, 2009, 03:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

that's so wicked good for you man on both accounts it's very few of us who get this lucky. ( finding your soulmate cause you know the school was your hard work )
Old December 7, 2009, 03:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks. The dream that came true because of her efforts, persistence, and kindness, which still overwhelms me more often than I want to admit. She's a little younger, 54, but had her PhD first, so I have to let her rub it in, feels pretty good too!!!!!!!!!
Old December 7, 2009, 04:22 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Right on. Congrats bwm. Way to go
Old December 7, 2009, 04:33 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Congratulations Oldtimer you've gotten luckier than most of us ever will.

Now go enjoy your life before she changes her mind.

All the best...

LCB

Old December 7, 2009, 04:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Ain't gonna happen. And thanks bro. There never really was anything we didn't do together except while I was in vietnam. When I was in the USA, dodging my then drinking and gambling unfaithful wife was our recreation. Even in hindsight now, I wouldn't have done anything differently. All for one woman who wouldn't give up.
Old December 7, 2009, 04:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Congrat's Bwm! For both your grade and your wife! Now you are a new member of the big brain class! I am sure that you are a better engi then my boss is ( always set fire somewhere ) And maybe HWC will benefit of a new support and troubleshooting level from you:P would be helpfull;) Congrat's again and keep being hapy!!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old December 7, 2009, 05:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

Awesome stuff.Congrats !!

EE PhD eh ? very cool.

I've done electronics/physics/fabrication since I was 8 ish (I'm 39 now)....I've toyed around with the idea of EE schooling , but it would cut into my fabrication time so.....

Now I know who to ask about the difficult EE questions !

Kudos sir !

Old December 7, 2009, 05:28 PM
Banned

Congratulations on the Degree and the Marriage!