Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 24, 2009, 02:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default First mil done.... onward

Old fart here checking in to say that I'm proud to have I just passed my first 1 million points for HWC last night sometime early this morning. Onward as usual, everything working normally, ballz to the wall. Still just 30k a day, but the wife's rig is coming along just fine and should add nicely to that. Not sure just how much it'll be though. Maybe you all can give an idea what to expect:

Specs.

Gigabyte socket 1366 board
Intel i7-950 CPU, 24 gigs of memory
two EVGA GTX275 SC video cards.
two velociraptors.
64-bit Sun Solaris Unix.
Stock speeds at first, overclocking when it is settled in.

Plans for expansion to 4 vid cards mid 2010.

Ideas there guys?

Also, is it possible at all for me to get the points I earned at my old roost moved over to HCW. I've read and heard NO almost everywhere but it would make my freaking day to plant almost 9 mil more into the cookie jar here instead of leaving them at a site that doesn't deserve the right to say that one of its members did that much. Its not the old team, they're fine, wonderfull people. Its the site and its management that I can't stand leaving the points with. Any help or advice appreciated. If it turns out that those millions of points can't be moved from there to hear, then I will be highly pissed, even more disappointed, but will live with it and carry on with never ending efforts to put another site in my own personal crosshairs and blast their britches off on the way over the top of 'em.

brad (prefer to be called "Old Fart")

Fold on!!

Last edited by bwm; November 25, 2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old November 24, 2009, 03:09 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
my first 1 million points for HCW
at my old roost moved over to HCW
HardCanucksWare?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
Also, is it possible at all for me to get the points I earned at my old roost moved over to HCW.
Nope.
Old November 24, 2009, 03:10 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm hoping you've looked into the big work units for that i7 as you could probably be getting 30+ k instead of 12k (assuming that how much it gets) ppd with the bonuses
Old November 24, 2009, 03:16 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Congrats!

HardCanucksWare?

Nope.
Sorry 'bout that. HWC of course

Give an overworked old faaht a break

Not moving points, I was prepared to hear that but it still bothers me greatly.
As I said, it isn't the old folding gang, they're good people.
Its the old sire, specifically top management, that make me freaking puke at the thought of
them getting one stinking ouncee of good or recognition for. THEY didn't earn it. I did, and I resent
people like one of them in particular who consider it a personal victory to keep what isn't theirs,
in the spirit that the H@H program does.

Last edited by bwm; November 24, 2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old November 24, 2009, 03:45 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I'm hoping you've looked into the big work units for that i7 as you could probably be getting 30+ k instead of 12k (assuming that how much it gets) ppd with the bonuses
I try to look into everything as time permits. Time is the problem, precious little of it. What little of it I do have, I spend just of it to make sure my iddy bitty farm is putting out as it should, the rest of it is for the wife and I to be closely together.

Back on topic now, currently my three little folders average 10K per day each, sometimes more with the better work units. I'f adding another rig as specified above stands a chance of doubling that, then I'll take a vacation and turn on the A&H mode, if you get my drift. Not knowing what the rules are pertaining to fun in language and a variety of other closely related matters is also a concern of mine, and I can't even find a nav menubar indicating one.

Please let me say this..... I come to enthusiast forums, this being only the second in my life outside of the professional field forums which are never open to the public, to fold and have fun. The later in particular means a great deal to my wife and I both. We're older folks, real cut-ups, put having fun HIGH on the list, and prefer comedy and jokes and stuff that go along those lines. Not dirty, except perhaps in the minds of the extreme. I worry that what we want, perhaps _dangtx_ as well, isn't allowed here. If so, then we will eventually have to move on. With most USA sites being out of the question for a variety of other reasons, we'd probably be forced back into the walled off world we came from, and despise the dryness of it all over again. Some guidance along those lines would also be most welcome and helpfull. Just being honest fellas, that's all. We don't want to cause disruption, don't want any part of a strictly business atmosphere. Its fun that we live off of, and you will too when you reach out ages.

TIA for any guidance.........

Old Fart
Old November 24, 2009, 08:47 PM
Banned
F@H

he finally created a thread lol...

go brado go!!!
Old November 24, 2009, 09:18 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Ya mean that matches 1 mil pts in value?

I dunno if that does but sure does
Old November 24, 2009, 09:29 PM
Banned
F@H

yeah. btw i cant communicate voice at this hour, pms or email only bro
Old November 24, 2009, 09:33 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
yeah. btw i cant communicate voice at this hour, pms or email only bro
Ok, understood. Dunno why, but understood LOL.
Sorry I missed yer first call, I was, shall we say, indisposed, at the moment

just reported a siggy spammer, lets see how fast they are
Old November 24, 2009, 09:57 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Congrats on your first million with us here at HWC!!! I am proud to say that I now have over a million points for HWC. I've read every one of yours and dangtx's posts since you've come to join this great community here and I personally love the humour that you guys have shared with us in your posts.