Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23, 2009, 12:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default All but quit Folding

I figure I should start at the very beginning so most people can understand why i'm going to have to limit the amount i fold to a few hours at most a day now.

This all goes back to when i had laser eye surgery down over the summer. Unlucky to me i had slight complications. Those complications were that they didn't cut the right eye flap a complete circle and some cells got under. So i went a month and a half later for them to clean it and everything was fine and dandy. Flash forward to the last week or two and i've noticed a signficant difference in my right eye to my left one in terms of quality/crispness of my vision. This results in some eye aches/headaches during the day. Now you only get one set of eyes and i got the earliest optometrist appointment i could. I got back from it today to find out that they may have to go in jan and do touch up again (TLC wont touch it a third time until its been 6 months since the last 'touch up' due to the flap needing to heal up).

One may have to ask what this has to do with folding. Well i live in residence and its rather old and dusty. Now since they enjoy to have the heat on at a rather high level i have to keep my window open, which is adding more dust and dry air into my room. This is causing the partial irritation with my eye (and residual perscription) and even though i have an air purifier i was told for it to actually help and benefit me i have to have my window closed as much as possible, same wiht my door. When i do this my room ambient temp can get to 30C and that is what i wake up to every morning (even with the window completely open and a stand fan going). So for my personal health (eye) i unfortunately have to all but quit folding because i need the window closed and i need the window open to fold (for the cool air in the room).

I will be doing some during the day when i'm home (couple hours) but it wont be 24/7 or as much as i used to. I hate that i have to do this but gotta put my health first.
Old November 23, 2009, 12:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No Worries Arin, heath first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old November 23, 2009, 12:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quitter.

Just kidding! We fold to improve the health prospects of future generations. Certainly, it oughtn't be at the expense of our own health! Good luck with getting it fixed because as you said - you can't RMA your eyes.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old November 23, 2009, 12:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You have been a great folding brother for a long time! It would be nice that we could help you by folding. But, we can fold more! Take care of you Arinoth and come back to us faster has possible!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old November 23, 2009, 01:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ouch, that is a big folder that is coming down in the race against TPU.

However, we fold for better health, not worst... No reason to appologize as it would make sense to stop folding for better health.

Hopefully this is all temporary and you will heal properly and get back to us when you can.
Old November 23, 2009, 02:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hope everything works well with you. Your health is much more important than folding.

Can't you block the heat vents to your room in residence or something? I don't get why lots of white people (no offense) like to turn up their heat to like 25C then wear shorts at home during the winter. They're the reason why electricity and gas bills are so high. We keep our temperature at around 21.5C, 19C when no one's home, and maybe 22.5C if the heat isn't running because the cooking causes the thermostat the read the temperature wrong.
Old November 23, 2009, 02:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Arinoth.
Hope things get better soon, and hope you can find a way to keep folding.
Though at least now I have a chance to catch up to you again.
Your health has to come first though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Can't you block the heat vents to your room in residence or something?
Exactly what I was thinking.
I do the same thing here when the heat is on and I need to keep the pc cool.
It's usually not set above 20c, but one of the vents blows right towards the computer corner.
Old November 23, 2009, 02:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Hope everything works well with you. Your health is much more important than folding.

Can't you block the heat vents to your room in residence or something? I don't get why lots of white people (no offense) like to turn up their heat to like 25C then wear shorts at home during the winter. They're the reason why electricity and gas bills are so high. We keep our temperature at around 21.5C, 19C when no one's home, and maybe 22.5C if the heat isn't running because the cooking causes the thermostat the read the temperature wrong.
I am not offended by your comment, I also like to keep temps down and be dressed or even lower and be hiding under my blankets... However, I'm curious to know what color your skin is.(Can't help but think this sounds awefully wrong... but I don't know how to phrase that)
Old November 23, 2009, 02:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilauea View Post
I am not offended by your comment, I also like to keep temps down and be dressed or even lower and be hiding under my blankets... However, I'm curious to know what color your skin is.(Can't help but think this sounds awefully wrong... but I don't know how to phrase that)
Yay for blankets? I wear a light jacket or just PJs.

You could've just asked what race I am. I'm Chinese.
Old November 23, 2009, 02:50 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Good luck Sam. That sucks that your surgery did not go well. I hope that the clinic is going to take care of your troubles. I do recall you using lots of eye drops when we went for beer this summer.
Fold for team #54196