Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 29, 2009, 02:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I definitely see your dilema ;)

Get well soon bud!
Old December 1, 2009, 09:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Thought i'd update to let you guys know what was going on with my health and folding

Turns out that the air purifier is doing its job alright so that i can have my window open a bit to get the cool air in (and allow me to fold). With the lower temps out i am attempting to bring my cpu big adv wu folding back up and running. Look forward to an interesting thread in the next few days resulting in me using air condition (or dryer) ducting, running it to my window and to some input fans and thus lowering ambient temp and allowing me to practically have my window shut.

The downside is that it turns out there is some residue prescription in my right eye that TLC can't do anything about (as they wont be home for the 1.5 weeks i'm home after exams) so i may have to get corrective glasses or a contact lens for the one eye so that vision between both eyes are the same. Since right now, the left eye is perfect and the right eye is off, its not noticeable when at the computer but in class, or especially when there is an overhead projector i can notice a bit of a difference and the overhead projector gives me headaches.
Old December 1, 2009, 09:59 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

May I ask the name of the condition you are afflicted with?
It sounds very similar to one I had as a teenager, which I simply grew and it went away.
Would be nice if you could be as fortunate.
Old December 1, 2009, 10:05 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Its not a condition, its a potential complication or side effect of getting laser eye surgery (to allow me to no longer have to rely on glasses to see things). I had complications initially with the right eye where the cornea flap wasn't cut perfectly so some cells got under, they had to recut, peel it back and clean it. Flash forward to 3 months later and i begin to notice that my right eye isn't perfect like the left and eventually find out that TLC (the company that did it) will have to touch it up as it is a second complication (or something that just happens to 1 in 50 people because the 'surgery' isn't perfect).
Old December 1, 2009, 10:25 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. I thought the procedure had advanced beyond the point of having those kinds of things crop up. I definitely hope they manage to fix it for ya. You strike me as among the younger fellas here and I can imagine how rough it must be to deal with as a teen or someone in college for example. I count myself even more lucky now, as I had a cornea transplant not long ago that went without a hitch.
Old December 1, 2009, 10:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. I thought the procedure had advanced beyond the point of having those kinds of things crop up. I definitely hope they manage to fix it for ya. You strike me as among the younger fellas here and I can imagine how rough it must be to deal with as a teen or someone in college for example. I count myself even more lucky now, as I had a cornea transplant not long ago that went without a hitch.
Oh i'm slowly getting up there in years. I find it hard to remember much of high school as i am now in my 5th year of post secondary (i'm 22). They will be fixing it, and it free of charge because thats part of the agreement/contract they make with you when they initially do it since most people don't get these complications. Its just something i have to deal with and its not that bad when i'm gaming or on the computer as i am not that far away, its just fine details and distance, something i can cope with knowing it'll be fixed soon enough.
Old December 1, 2009, 10:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Oh i'm slowly getting up there in years. I find it hard to remember much of high school as i am now in my 5th year of post secondary (i'm 22). They will be fixing it, and it free of charge because thats part of the agreement/contract they make with you when they initially do it since most people don't get these complications. Its just something i have to deal with and its not that bad when i'm gaming or on the computer as i am not that far away, its just fine details and distance, something i can cope with knowing it'll be fixed soon enough.
That's very encouraging. Glad to hear it. Especially if you end up walking out without any need for glasses at all. Best of luck to you!!
Old December 2, 2009, 10:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

How's that heat issue going? Saw your post at Folders, we have a challenge. and it seems you're cranking up the PPD again.
Old December 2, 2009, 11:04 PM
Banned
F@H

at one point i was sneezing lie crazy and got two machines. one for bigger particles, the second for smaller stuff...identify where the source or main sources of dust and particles are coming from, direct all exiting airflow from computers into a corner or so
Old December 3, 2009, 05:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

YAAAAAAAAAAR MATEY!

I BE A PIRATE!

/eyepatch

Morning Arinoth!
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about