Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23, 2009, 02:58 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks guys. I can't block the heater as they are baseboard heaters and they aren't controlled by the room that they are in hence i am stuck at whatever temperature they are set it. I was using eye drops over the summer because you have to, because your eyes become dry and extra sensitive within those first few months. I haven't had to use that much eye drops until it seems this november when my right eye started to be a big pain in the ass and i guess is when i got more dust/crap in the air. Like i said, or i hope i stated, i'm going to do some folding (ideally) a few hours every day but not as much as i used to
Old November 23, 2009, 03:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Is there a way to disconnect the thing?
Definately DO NOT mess with it if you don't know what you're doing though.
Old November 23, 2009, 03:40 PM
F@H

My System Specs

No dice, this building is old as hell. The baseboard heaters all have water running through them so i can't exactly turn them off and the shut off valve no longer works (think 30 years of rust)
Old November 23, 2009, 03:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
This all goes back to when i had laser eye surgery down over the summer. Unlucky to me i had slight complications. Those complications were that they didn't cut the right eye flap a complete circle and some cells got under.
That is the reason I avoided that laser eye surgery.

There are too many problems with the keratome and cutting of the corneal flap.

Things get under them, they heal wrinkled, bacterial infections, tearing of the corneal flap, and the main one: a human runs the keratome.

Anyway, because I'm chickenshit regarding the keratome and the flap I had the "no touch" PRK version of laser eye surgery which has a much longer healing time but less likely to have side effects.

Anyway, I didn't get away with no side effects. The surgery went perfectly but my pupils decided to do the reverse of everyone else.... they decided to grow bigger to let in more light, which is the reverse it should do while I age. So in low light conditions my pupils now open up significantly wider than the spot that had the prescription put on, so I now get some anomalies in certain lower light conditions. Not too bad though.

Hopefully those assclowns get things figured out for you!

Why not run watercooling and vent the fan to the outside air via a trim plate in your window, much like those apartment style wheeled air conditioners?
Old November 23, 2009, 03:58 PM
F@H

My System Specs

The whole student thing and most if not all of my money going to school and living expenses leaves no money for water cooling
Old November 23, 2009, 05:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Yay for blankets? I wear a light jacket or just PJs.

You could've just asked what race I am. I'm Chinese.
I guess my brain was sort of frozen... And btw yes, whenever going to a chinese house, it is usually colder... Unfortunatly, I find they often lack proper supplies of blankets for the people that feel cold.
Old November 23, 2009, 06:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilauea View Post
I guess my brain was sort of frozen... And btw yes, whenever going to a chinese house, it is usually colder... Unfortunatly, I find they often lack proper supplies of blankets for the people that feel cold.
Your heat is up too high, thus your body's adjusted to it. That's usually why you feel cold when you go into a house like a Chinese house.

What's your thermostat set at?
Old November 23, 2009, 08:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Can you just talk with someone at the University?
Explain that you can't have the heat up too high in your room right now because of your eyes.
Maybe you shouldn't mention the folding though .
They should be able to turn your heat down somehow.
If not, then they suck.
Old November 23, 2009, 08:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Nope, its already been brought up our RA (who finds it at times too hot) and even to the Don, but there is nothing they can do. The thermostat is cranked as low as it can go for my floor and it still is rather warm, i'm just SOL.
Old November 23, 2009, 08:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just remembered that you said there's like 30 years of rust on the baseboard heaters. Wouldn't that be a fire hazard or something? Having rust isn't a good thing on anything as far As I know...

Maybe ask your RA and Don to change the thermostat. Get everyone on your floor to chip in like $1 or $2 and that should cover the cost of a thermostat. Better than paying like $50 extra/month because the thermostat is set too high cus it's so old or whatever.