Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 20, 2009, 10:49 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Temporarily suspending folding

Moving day has finally arrived.
Folding is suspended until move is
complete and other related matters
are resolved. It shouldn't take long.

Brad
Old November 20, 2009, 10:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Take Care mate!
Come back soon!

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 20, 2009, 11:19 AM
Banned
F@H

oy brado hang in there!!! talk to you later dude.
Old November 20, 2009, 11:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

good luck on your move ( moving kinda sucks ah )
Old November 20, 2009, 11:59 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I'll be here until the last truck leaves.
Gonna be a while yet.
They're packing up the farm now.
No Inet except through cell and 3G for a few dayz but its reliable.
Gawd what a PITA overall though.
Don't ever wanna have to do this again.
Keep yer eyes open for you know what
and advise of anything new.
Call any time if ya wanna.

b
Old November 20, 2009, 07:36 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Hope the move goes well, we'll try and leave some WU's for ya...

Old November 20, 2009, 10:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
They're packing up the farm now.
This phrase got me thinking - and yeah, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't let anybody touch my machines. Like, it's not even a question. Come moving day - I'm taking the machines myself, even if I have to TTC it!

But good luck! Hopefully your lack of paranoia is a positive attribute in this regard!

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old November 21, 2009, 12:31 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. We expect to have our little farm going ballz to the wall by tomorrow night.
Wife's new build should be in the fight within a couple weeks, I hope.
Total points we lost shouldn't be more than around 60K. Not much in the grander picture but its a bunch for wife and I.
I had some lingering questions as to whether or not this is where we wanted to stay. I think, I hope, that has been
resolved. Suffice it to say that we still feel like we don't belong here, visitors in another country, perhaps shouldn't be
here, perhaps even resented/unwanted by a few as invaders. We're not. Just two old professional people still working
but also looking for a folding home far far away from the one we just left, full of friendly people with a good sense humor
in a place where it is welcome.

This move is a PITA but very likely our last. Wife and I are senior citizens but prefer to continue working instead of
croaking off from sheer boredom. I'm largly disabled so getting this stuff working again will be a bit of a strain. Wife
and some Ben-Gay will take care of that LOL
Old November 21, 2009, 08:58 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I hope your move goes or went smoothly and problem free bwm. I see where your coming from with you not feeling like you belong here , A visitor from another Country. Your right Hardware Canucks is mostly Canadian and we are very proud to be Canadian and we may express that a little to much sometimes, Specially with the challenge going on with team TPU. And them trying to make it personal by dissing our flannel we had to retaliate some how and reminding them how small our Population is compared to theirs ( USA POP 350million+ people and TPU has around 50,000 members, Canada has 35million people and HCF has around 6000 members) is just a way to push their buttons. So we are truly the underdog their. And were holding our own, I think that is something to be proud of. I think I red somewhere that your in Florida. Thats where a lot of Canadian wants to retire to, No snow, Do you have a spare room because in the winter a lot of Canadians go to Florida, You should see about having a get together there, I dont travel, cant aford it . Have you ever bin to Canada bwm ? I think you would like it here. If you dont mind the cold I would recommend 1 more move, North to Canada Where the Air is fresher the Waters cleaner and your less likely to get mugged or killed over 10 dollars, I watch CSI. Oh Ya And free health care. Anyway get those rigs going and start folding, your just as much part of this team as I am. So dont go anywhere. It always takes time to fit in, in a new place, Im sure you will feel at home here soon Keep it up
Old November 21, 2009, 09:36 AM
Banned
F@H

well yes. fewer in number, but bigger bolls..i mean more ppd per member in average :D