Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 13, 2007, 06:59 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
Ok consider me in.

Just give me a few more days to set it up and get a feel for it.

Seems a shame the NvideaGPU cant make a contribution, it helps with computations in R...well graphics anyway

Ill dig up my 3200athlon system too.

Just list your rigs with their CPUs, so it's easier to analyse which folding client would be the best for each rig, based on those CPUs.

John
Old September 13, 2007, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default ok

GPu's out the picture...ill see what i can manage for the team with the smp. This is going to get addictive though!

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old September 13, 2007, 07:05 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
This is going to get addictive though!
Yes... very much so... tell me about it.
Old September 13, 2007, 07:10 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

yes ... smp works the memory hard when it is running ... lots of benefit to folding perf to run the memory with a multiplier if it can with stability. Its much more important to run with the highest speed than with the tightest timings on c2d/c2q. I am not sure where the right balance is on amd's tho.
Old September 13, 2007, 07:15 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Alright, thanks everyone for the replies. It seems that I hit the nail dead square on the head when I set up the F@H clients on both machines. I'll just need to add the "allow big packets" statement and I'm set. I've been folding on and off lately (mostly off) because of school. I bring my laptop to lectures anyway, and it's got sensational battery life, so I'll be F@S, so to speak: folding @ school.

@Magictorch: The laptop scored 5800 points in 3DMark05, 6333 points when the video card is overclocked; not a heavenly score, but it's leagues well beyond what my main PC can do!

Thanks again, everyone, for the help.

P.S.: I might be getting my brother a PlayStation 3 tomorrow for his birthday. If I do, I'll be sure to get it folding as well ;) Cheers!
Old September 13, 2007, 07:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default you must like your brother!!

Seems solid enough AMON.and it is a laptop, (1/15th the volume of a full tower case)
The 8600 works well with a lot of titles.
Anyway your post has generated some useful replys. Time to expt.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old September 14, 2007, 04:05 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon View Post
Alright, thanks everyone for the replies. It seems that I hit the nail dead square on the head when I set up the F@H clients on both machines. I'll just need to add the "allow big packets" statement and I'm set. I've been folding on and off lately (mostly off) because of school. I bring my laptop to lectures anyway, and it's got sensational battery life, so I'll be F@S, so to speak: folding @ school.

@Magictorch: The laptop scored 5800 points in 3DMark05, 6333 points when the video card is overclocked; not a heavenly score, but it's leagues well beyond what my main PC can do!

Thanks again, everyone, for the help.

P.S.: I might be getting my brother a PlayStation 3 tomorrow for his birthday. If I do, I'll be sure to get it folding as well ;) Cheers!

One thing you might want to change on your laptop despite its sensational battery life is the battery setting in the client ... if you change it from the default then it will stop folding when you go on battery and start again when you go back on ac. If you are not on battery for long periods you may not need to to this, but just so you know

If your bro does get a ps3, i think there is a new client out for it too but i can't help much with it since i don't have one.

Its great to get some more active folders going for the team!

Last edited by pscout; September 14, 2007 at 04:13 AM.