Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 12, 2009, 03:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default FAHMon to monitor other computer's folding?

I was just wondering if it was possible to monitor my PPD and such in FAHMon on my main computer (Windows 7 x64), while the 9600GT is folding in another rig on my network. (Windows Vista x32). In screenshots I've seen, people have had multiple rigs and whatnot, so I'd assume it is possible.If it was possible, would it look something like this to put into FAHMon as the location?
\\192.168.1.147\C\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\Foldi ng@home-gpu\
I attempted setting the whole C drive as a shared folder on the Vista rig, and my Windows 7 rig can see that folder as being shared. I can't seem to get into it though, says I don't have permission to do it. Workgroup name is the same, password protection is off, file and printer sharing is on.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old November 12, 2009, 04:18 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I should work, thats what im doing as well, make sure you have the folding folder shared and just do :

\\COMPUTER\sharedfolder\

in the fahmon LOCATION box when setting up your client.

the only thing I did different was JUST share the folding folder itself..

try Mounting that share as a folder on your fahmon machine, if you can do that then for sure fahmon can see it.
Old November 12, 2009, 04:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sharing under vista and win7 seems to be a bit of an art form. I do it.... but I don't know if I could walk you through it at this point.... I seem to relearn it everytime myself.

Anything on your LAN is monitorable. I'd like an add on for FAHMON that allowed you to monitor non-local machines as well....
Old November 13, 2009, 05:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks both of you. I could never get sharing to work before, even Vista - Vista. Looks like sharing just the GPU F@H folder worked. 4k PPD on a 353 seem right for an overclocked 9600GT? (1850 on the shaders)
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old November 13, 2009, 10:06 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post
4k PPD on a 353 seem right for an overclocked 9600GT? (1850 on the shaders)
Yep, looks right to me.