Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2009, 08:35 AM
Rookie

Default Hello from the MaximumPC folding team

Hello from the MaximumPC folding team

I did a little video on Youtube and BadAtCards saw it and commented.

He invited me to stop by here, so here I am.

I want to say hello to Ogdin.
He use to be a member of our team and we enjoyed his posts very much back then.

You all seem to be having fun folding and have a lively forum.

Each year in early May we have a race between teams.

Last year the top 8 teams participated from all over the world.

We call it the chimp race, since it was started between our monkey subteam and one on the overclockers.

It has grown to an all team race.

It's more a team spirit race.

How many folders can you get to support your team in the race by moving over to a common folding name for the duration of the race.

It does wonders for team spirit and attracting new folders.

This year it will likely be to a set amount of points and the first one there ends it with all other positions decided at that point.

They last 5-10 days.

Even in the top8 teams there is such a wide total ppd that position plays a big part in bragging rights.

I imagine if this sounded interesting to you all, you could find a few teams around your production level and have a fun time in early May before the heat becomes a problem.

Ours has grown to 8 teams over the last four years.
The first two races were between two teams.

Whatever happens, continue your great folding spirit and climbing the ranks.

Folding is the best 24/7/365 hobby in the world

We also have software that tracks the racing teams in real stats reporting cycles and supplies graphs.

If one of your team members was interested in pursuing that part of it, the overclockers have the main man that could supply information.

He has made it happen each year for us.
Old November 1, 2009, 08:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dunh, Dunh, DUUUNNNHHH!

Looks like the gauntlet has been thrown down folders!!
Old November 1, 2009, 09:04 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Sounds like fun. I finally have a decent folding card the GTX 260 Core 216 so I'm excited to see what number it could punch out. If the forum does decide to do this we should only use out best folders to ensure a good placing if postions on the race team are limited that is.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old November 1, 2009, 09:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Looks very interesting. Unfortunatly May is the time of the year where I hope to reduce my folding (heat) and I don't see how I could fold more than I am now... Unless I got my father's P4 into the game.
Old November 1, 2009, 09:09 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Dum di dum,

Oh there are many exciting things for our folding team to do around here.

Like contests...

Oh, Did I say that out loud?

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 1, 2009, 11:02 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Hey gsmitheman nice to see you stopped by. So this Chimp race, We try to get as many people on our F@H team to fold under the same user name to try to get that name in the top list of people for ppd? If so that may be fun to do. We already have a Team User Name that we all can use "Folding for pscout".
Hey ST your a MOD now, why do you care about contests, Or is one starting soon, You can tell me, I wont tell anyone. With any luck a contest will end late April so people can switch over to Folding for pscout for May.
Old November 1, 2009, 11:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

welcome to the hwc
Old November 1, 2009, 11:56 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Wouldn't the most ideal time to have something like this be during the winter time so at least us canucks can use the outdoors to help us cool our machines?
Old November 1, 2009, 12:42 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Hey SoulTribunal, Did you enter us last May I just noticed that you started Folding for pscout started last May, How did we do, Must not have bin good because you never told us about it. Just kidding. Something like this may help out the Hardware Canucks website and F@H team recruit new members. As long as people know their would be no F@H contests for May and the first half of June to mess up their own points for contest entries, I would think it would not be hard to start a "Annual" Fold for pscout for the month of May. I'm hoping for a F@H contest in July for us who put up with the heat, and fold hard all year.
Old November 1, 2009, 03:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

What do I care about contests? I care a lot!
It brings in more people for a cause to end all causes.
One of which many hold dear.
No I didn't enter us in last year, but in May I will do it again for PScout. That will be his month with me.

Contests?
Hmmmm
They do happen don't they...

I'd keep my eyes open..

Real soon that is.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com