Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7, 2009, 03:53 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

EVGA's overclocking utility was made by the same person responsible for Rivatuner, so they should be functionally identical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
well, i keep repeating yself. save the stock bios in a few places, open it up with nbitor, put clock frequencies on 3d all the time and get the highest volatge on there nvidia ever let on for opening later in the said bios...thats it man..i bet yull get another 100-200 mhz on the shaders if cooling is adeguate
Overclocking a GTX260 is very different from a 9800GT or 8800GT, and you won't hit nearly the same shader speed. ~1500MHz is an upper limit for most 65nm cards. The highest I've ever heard of a 55nm GTX260 going was about 1650MHz F@H stable.
Old November 7, 2009, 04:18 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
EVGA's overclocking utility was made by the same person responsible for Rivatuner, so they should be functionally identical.

Overclocking a GTX260 is very different from a 9800GT or 8800GT, and you won't hit nearly the same shader speed. ~1500MHz is an upper limit for most 65nm cards. The highest I've ever heard of a 55nm GTX260 going was about 1650MHz F@H stable.
what mods did you have on it? vcore, cooling? :)
Old November 7, 2009, 04:24 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
what mods did you have on it? vcore, cooling? :)
Wasn't my card, but I believe it had voltage tweaks. And that was a rarity. Most other cards can only go into the 1500s without EUEing, regardless of voltage.
Old November 7, 2009, 04:24 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
well, i keep repeating yself. save the stock bios in a few places, open it up with nbitor, put clock frequencies on 3d all the time and get the highest volatge on there nvidia ever let on for opening later in the said bios...thats it man..i bet yull get another 100-200 mhz on the shaders if cooling is adeguate
Sorry dan, but I'm just not ready to start fiddling with a video card BIOS, not yet anyway. It's becoming more clear that I should not expect a whole lot more from the shaders though, unless all three of mi cards take to the same basic changes in a very similar mannner. Otherwise the PPD return total for doing it just doesn't excite me that much. I forgot what i7 chip I decided to put in the wife's new rig but its the second from the top at newegg right now. Feel kind of idiotic for paying out the wazoo for it when the price will come down fairly rapidly, but what the hell. It'll last her for years and pump some good PPD under 64 bit Solaris with 4 hi-end 275 cards in it. Was gonna order 285's but I just didn't like the one I bought for myself. Bleh......
Old November 7, 2009, 04:29 PM
Banned
F@H

ok.

youre choice bro. but its really easy. open up nbitor, load bios, save as rom or bin. open it up again, make the changes,flash it with winflasher or whatevers called i forgot..bout 5-10 minutes.make sure the green light for integrity is lit, and that your pc and power to it are stable, jobbe done. dont touch anything but voltage and 3d modes. you cant mess it up uless it overheats already, wich shouldnt be a problem knowing you sir :)
Old November 7, 2009, 04:36 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, it doesn't sound complicated at all really, but time is a problem, as usual, with a big move and all coming up soon. Very complicated move because of all the properties etc involved
that I gotta divvy up and/or sell off. Hell most of the ppl I know want out of this town so bad its............. well,,,,,,,, can't say that here!! No living relatives want any part of moving into San Diego, believe me.
Old November 9, 2009, 03:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
No, your information is very relevant.

How much of that do you think is due to your household?
Sheesh - late to the party again. Sorry for the tardiness of my reply Perineum.

Looking back at pre-folding bills, it looks to be about a 60% folding / 40% everything else split. Mind you, there have been a number of rate changes since - so the bills aren't completely comparable, but the 60/40 split shouldn't be too far off.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old November 9, 2009, 05:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks again for your excellent contribution!

I sure hope my power bill next round is MUCH smaller.... or I don't know what I'm gonna do....
Old November 9, 2009, 06:02 PM
Banned
F@H

well you have to cut back on rig numbers and increase the gpus(260 216sp or 4x8800gt's)
Old November 9, 2009, 06:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

i love the way my 260 55nm fold, they are cool and dont use up much power, as much as i can tell.

But i like my gpus cool on load and the stocks heatsink do a good job so far.

Problem is fitting 4 on the MSI plat board. the bottom one wont go in lol

Tags
electricity , folding , folding@home , power