Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 30, 2009, 11:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
Take my word for it. I'm a certified NIST metrologist, after all.
Sooo, what you're really saying is you're right about one time in seven?

edit: Wow. 1k posts!
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old October 30, 2009, 11:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I wish the heating aspect helped offset paying another bill but that's not the case. I have free heat where I'm at.

Folding is just another (big, holy shit big) bill at a time I'm unemployed.
Old October 30, 2009, 12:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Sooo, what you're really saying is you're right about one time in seven?

edit: Wow. 1k posts!
No, it means the readings are correct, all 7 and a half digits of them, 99.05% of the time.
Old October 30, 2009, 12:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

SEX PANTHER COLOGNE

60% OF THE TIME IT WORKS EVERY TIME

How does it work?

Imagine wearing a midnight-black t-shirt with a wolf airbrushed on the front and a great white shark arm-wrestling a sherman tank on the back. Now imagine wearing a three-piece suit made out of those shirts. It's like that, but in cologne form.
Old October 30, 2009, 01:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
SEX PANTHER COLOGNE

60% OF THE TIME IT WORKS EVERY TIME

How does it work?

Imagine wearing a midnight-black t-shirt with a wolf airbrushed on the front and a great white shark arm-wrestling a sherman tank on the back. Now imagine wearing a three-piece suit made out of those shirts. It's like that, but in cologne form.
Yer freaking me out......man.....
Old October 30, 2009, 01:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

"I'm Ron Burgandy" hehehe

Old October 30, 2009, 08:40 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
The Kill-O-Watt sold at newegg is more than accurate enough for anything a consumer will ever need. It was within .05% of the reading produced by an Agilent 3458a, which is VASTLY more accurate and horribly expensive. Take my word for it. I'm a certified NIST metrologist, after all. Anything accurate to within plus or minus 1 percent is plenty good enough for this particular reading.
No.
[H]ard|Forum - View Single Post - Are there ways to check wattage?
Old October 30, 2009, 08:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

With all due respect, I'm afraid you have much to learn. Any statement referring to the accuracy of an agilent 3458 as less than the best on planet Earth is TOTALLY UNINFORMED. Accuracy of the Kill-A-Watt meters is quite respectable for consumer electronics, and at least as good as most 3 1/2 and many 4 1/4 digot DMM's commonly available. The rest of the equipment shown is in the same general ballpark as the 3.5 and 4.5 digit meters, adequate for the job and hand, but FAR FAR from precise. You can't get more than +/- .1% accuracy from a 3.5 digit instrument, BTW.
Old October 30, 2009, 09:13 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
With all due respect, I'm afraid you have much to learn. Any statement referring to the accuracy of an agilent 3458 as less than the best on planet Earth is TOTALLY UNINFORMED.
And where did anyone say that? Perhaps you should take a closer look at the link I posted. A Kill-A-Watt being accurate some of the time does not mean that a Kill-A-Watt is accurate all of the time. And perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the word of someone who is a professional PSU reviewer.
Old October 31, 2009, 03:02 PM
Rookie

I'm currently paying $221/month without running the heat in the house (probably do not need it because of my rigs). I'm also on my first year where my utility averages my payment for a whole 12 months based on the previous year so I would expect it to go up in the $300's by December.

Tags
electricity , folding , folding@home , power