Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 29, 2009, 07:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If my UPS says its at 35% load and that its rated at 540W, then it means my computer overclocked draws only 189W ??
On top of that I have the main cordless phone base and the modem plugged, so its even less than that. That's just crazy, it can't be, based on that, the consumption would be a mere 10$ per month.
Old October 29, 2009, 07:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm paying about $15 more a month than before I started to fold. And Perineum, they only come check your meter every other month. Half your bills will be estimated amounts, which is why it caught up with a big bill. And BC Hydro does make mistakes, it pays to check that your meter is showing what they billed you for. I've had "mistaken" bills for our Rugby Club before. Like a $600 bill one month in the summer, when our club is closed with the lights off.
Old October 29, 2009, 07:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Rig 1 is pulling about 600 watts and rig 2 will be about 300 watts. So far my bills are less than the comparable month last year and I am folding more. No shockers yet this year but I did have one last year that was close to $300.
Old October 29, 2009, 07:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Our highest bill was $450 one month last winter. The rest are about 300-350$ ish. We use way to much power, however I have never gotten to analyze the bills to see the difference.
Old October 29, 2009, 08:31 PM
Banned
F@H

if i fold itll go a bit over 20 bucks more per month i think.
Old October 29, 2009, 08:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
Our highest bill was $450 one month last winter. The rest are about 300-350$ ish. We use way to much power, however I have never gotten to analyze the bills to see the difference.
How many square feet are you heating ?

My highest for the year is usually in the summer when it's real hot. About $275 to $300. During the winter we keep the heat down a bit but still very comfortable. Just need some slippers. We'll see how much it will be when I get "serious" into folding 24/7.
Old October 29, 2009, 09:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

some info in this thread. :)
Power Usage when Folding

Old October 29, 2009, 09:27 PM
Banned
F@H

well put it this way. max out gpu,cpu(and add some when oc'ing) add whatever mobo etc takes. and do yourselves a favour and buy a 15$ killawatt..best money you ever spent..review sites will say its not that accurate, for us cavemen it is, trust ole dan here.
hell bm has checked his against a better unit and hes got good words for it, as well
Old October 29, 2009, 09:47 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
well put it this way. max out gpu,cpu(and add some when oc'ing) add whatever mobo etc takes. and do yourselves a favour and buy a 15$ killawatt..best money you ever spent..review sites will say its not that accurate, for us cavemen it is, trust ole dan here.
hell bm has checked his against a better unit and hes got good words for it, as well
The Kill-O-Watt sold at newegg is more than accurate enough for anything a consumer will ever need. It was within .05% of the reading produced by an Agilent 3458a, which is VASTLY more accurate and horribly expensive. Take my word for it. I'm a certified NIST metrologist, after all. Anything accurate to within plus or minus 1 percent is plenty good enough for this particular reading.
Old October 30, 2009, 11:16 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer
F@H

I haven't done any exact measurements, but I'd say mine is about $20 extra per month due to 24/7 folding on one dedicated rig. Definitely don't mind in the winter though as it helps heat the home and offsets the higher natural gas bill a bit

Tags
electricity , folding , folding@home , power