Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28, 2009, 09:07 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Sad day for me :(

Alright many of you don't know me and I'm somewhat new to HWC I suppose, and fairly new to the folding game which I started at the start of the first HWC Folding contest back in the summer thanks to 3.0 Charlie helping me out, and a few tutorials in the HWC F@H Forums.

Well we've (my wife and I) have had a lot of changes in our lives lately, my wife lost a dear friend at a young age (she was 13 as was the boy) to cancer it was a very ugly battle and she seen this young man at his worst. It's taken a big toll on her life, as her mother was diagnosed with cancer and some of her other close friends.

So my folding my wife was quite happy with us making a contribution to a cause like this.

This month though my wife's Maternity leave ran out, she started running a home daycare and its gone ok, but business isn't booming as of right now and due to the H1N1 a lot of parents are keeping their kids at home so on a week when she should have 5 kids everyday shes only getting 2 kids everyday so money has been much shorter then we originally expected.

That was one issue, another was on Oct 2nd (the day after I turned 29) we found out our baby has a heart issue and will need to have heart surgery, they hope to do non intrusive so they want him to put on 14lbs, and then they figure his organs will be large enough they could go in through his groin and repair the hole in his heart. If not though then they will need to do open heart. Anyway so now instead of milk etc we are keeping him on the baby formula which is quite a bit more expensive, but it will help him gain weight safely.

We are very nervous about this and of course 2 other children as well and the money is hurting. We recieved our hydro bill and it was quite a bit more then expected. We turned off the 3 computers and the meter goes much slower. I'm debating getting a 2nd job again, and if so then I'll continue to fold but for now I'll be taking a break for a little bit.

I'll stil be popping in and selling/buying computer parts here and there and building computers for customers/friends as well. I'll do my best to get folding again as soon as possible, I enjoy it a lot.

Thanks hope your all understanding.

I'll post more details on the baby and what not later but at work right now so somewhat hard to type to much.

Comp1 (Mine) : ASUS P9X79 LE, 3960X, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1333, PNY 770 4GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB, OCZ Vertex3 480GB, 600GB VelociRaptor, Corsair 1000HX, Cool Master Cosmos 2

Comp2 (Wife's) : ASUS Sabertooth P67, i7 2700K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866, 1TB HD, 2TB HD, EVGA 660, Corsair 1000HX, HAF 922

Comp3 (Kids) : ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2700K, 8GB 1866 GSkill, Gigabyte 770, Crucial M4 120GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB,1TB WD Black, Antec 850W, Antec 120
Old October 28, 2009, 09:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Trayton, first off I'd like to say you have all my support while you are going through this. Although I cannot understand your entire situation I do sympathize with the circumstances of ill health and the consequences of it.

The young are very strong and don't lose heart or hope as medicine has come a long way. Hopefully they will be able to take care of it without more drastic measures, but being born with something can be overcome as my brother and I are living examples.

Take care of you and your family first, we are always here should you need us for anything, as this is what a community is all about.

Best Regards, and Prayers,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 28, 2009, 09:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Trayton, first off I'd like to say you have all my support while you are going through this. Although I cannot understand your entire situation I do sympathize with the circumstances of ill health and the consequences of it.

The young are very strong and don't lose heart or hope as medicine has come a long way. Hopefully they will be able to take care of it without more drastic measures, but being born with something can be overcome as my brother and I are living examples.

Take care of you and your family first, we are always here should you need us for anything, as this is what a community is all about.

Best Regards, and Prayers,

ST
Perfectly said. I cannot add anything else to STs comment, and agree with him fully.

Regards,

Sagath
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old October 28, 2009, 10:24 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Soultribunal said it perfectly, stay strong and don't lose hope.

- Fox
Old October 28, 2009, 10:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sorry to hear this news, go take care of your family. Best wishes.
Old October 28, 2009, 10:45 AM
Banned
F@H

hmm...cheer up first of all..then start selling whatever is not immediately necessary if you have to.
the second jobbe will be a killer..unless you can do two part times wich pay wayy better than your fulltime.
Old October 28, 2009, 10:45 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Family comes first. Good luck man.
Old October 28, 2009, 12:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I was born with a hole in my heart. Doctors wanted to do surgery but my mother wouldn't let them. The hole grew over by itself.

Often with heart surgery you are required to be on drugs lifelong. Either way, I'm very very glad my mother wouldn't let them. There was little to no real danger at all. I would get winded as a child if I ran hard but I was normal if I just took it semi easy.

I'm not sure if there is a genetic component to it or not so I've always been thinking about it with regards to my children.

Breast milk is better for a baby than formula. Formula will give the baby extra iron which it doesn't need and will increase the likelyhood of infections. That's the first place I'd save money.

Last edited by Perineum; October 28, 2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old October 28, 2009, 12:34 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Modern medicine truly is "modern" and can do miraculous things, so give them a chance, don't give up. Most importantly, have faith in the miracle powers of the very young to pull through these things. I have no reason to think that between those two factors, all will be well in the end. I have seen it myself, believe me. From myself and my younger son, who have learned this first hand, bless you all, and have faith.

Brad (The Old Fart aka The Wotten One)
Old October 28, 2009, 12:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Very sorry to hear of your situation trayton.

You and your's will be in our prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton