Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28, 2009, 12:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
I'm hoping to sneak past 400K points tonight but not sure if it'll make it. Tomorrow for sure though.

Still feels strange to have to leave behind 7.8 million points from my old team and roost.
hehe, in 24hrs you make as much as I do in a week I know that it doesn't matter and all. But bloody hell, that's a lot and its good.
Old October 28, 2009, 01:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm surprised how far I've come, sitting at 84th. My meager ~4500PPD 24/7 has got me there though. Though majority of people I overtook aren't exactly folding.
Old October 28, 2009, 05:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilauea View Post
hehe, in 24hrs you make as much as I do in a week I know that it doesn't matter and all. But bloody hell, that's a lot and its good.
My output hasn't been that high very long, really. Just since late llast year, when it became clear to me that AMD, my favorite CPU company, was blowing it with the Phenoms. That is when I jumped to the darkside LOL. AMD's new quad offerings were just such a letdown for me. I've always been an AMD guy. Suffered through the days when I had a fleet of Athlon X2 folding rigs that I was so proud of, then C2D's came out and blew them out of the water. The phenom letdown was the last straw. So its all Intel now.

My competitiveness has waned a lot in the last two years as well. I came out of an early retirement and went back to when asked to head a new product developement division, as a senior and ranking engineer no less, and why not since it would allow more money for folding. So I soaked it up. Then a couple of BIG promotions and a new marriage (don't laugh at age 61) came along. Got my new wife in at the company I work for, so now we're just waiting to see where we will be roosting next. I'm hoping Loveland Colorado. Oops.... slip-o-the-tongue, yes I'm in the USA, and I hope y'all don't mind my dropping in to have a look around. I was just left without a home forum home in the USA, don't really care for their values and how they are presented, and was looking for another with a solid folding base, HWC looked good, and of course the efforts of my good friend _dangtx_ was all the rest of egging-on that I needed. So, here I am, uneasy for the time being, hoping I'll learn the Canadian ways, and finally fit in and be accepted.

My folding output will increase in the very near future as I build a brand new, all out, no holds-barred, dual-purpose rig for my wife. I am a lil slow in old age though, so y'all can hopefully bare with me. Lost my left foot and part of the leg to a condition known as adema earlier this year and am learning to walk again, doing very well, so I'm told. Also a cardiac patient who was supposed to have been puching up daisies some 10 to 15 years ago but I don't roll over and croak for anyone's convenience either LOL. Still going strong, looking forward to many more years of folding, engineering, working, and yes, even loving as a young newlywed surely would. Where I came from, they called me the "ornery old fart" for those reasons. I always felt kind of honored by that, and I hope it nor my style otherwise offend anyone. It surely isn't meant to. At my age, having fun is a big part of staying alive. Looking forward to a long pleasant stay here with you good folks, who as a general observation seem quite a bit more polite and well mannered than those in the lower 48, where BS political games even within a forum staff seems to rule everything, in the end, often ending in their own destruction.

Brad.
Old October 28, 2009, 06:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
yes I'm in the USA, and I hope y'all don't mind my dropping in to have a look around.
Bah, don't worry about that... Its not where you come from that matters the most, its who you are. I don't know you a lot, but that can be a good thing. It just proves that you fit in very well, meaning you manage to behave like a good person .

No seriously, I am very dissapointed in your treatchery (however you write that word). Pfft going Intel, that's such a low blow

Sorry, I can't see to make 2 serious sentences. You participate in the community and you fold, what more can we ask ? Sure you could do a Peanut butter jelly time real life video for u, but you know, I don't like to be asking too much.

Sorry, it may seem like I did bad stuff tonight, but I can't seem to stay serious for very long.
Old October 28, 2009, 07:18 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Congratz Kilauea for reaching top 100

I will soon be joining top 50 myself.

Keep up the good work guys! Destroy these illness!
Old October 28, 2009, 07:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilauea View Post
Bah, don't worry about that... Its not where you come from that matters the most, its who you are. I don't know you a lot, but that can be a good thing. It just proves that you fit in very well, meaning you manage to behave like a good person .

No seriously, I am very dissapointed in your treatchery (however you write that word). Pfft going Intel, that's such a low blow

Sorry, I can't see to make 2 serious sentences. You participate in the community and you fold, what more can we ask ? Sure you could do a Peanut butter jelly time real life video for u, but you know, I don't like to be asking too much.

Sorry, it may seem like I did bad stuff tonight, but I can't seem to stay serious for very long.
Sounds kind of like me. Same basic problem. And part of my idea of having fun for survival. Other than being a doity old fart