Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 25, 2009, 07:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Hmmmm SMP Woes

Well, after following all the directions on FAH website I have been unable to get my SMP clients to run.
It installs, I set the password info on them, and then try and run it, I get a black screen(windowed) for 1 second and then nothing.

Am I missing something here?

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 25, 2009, 07:58 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Well, after following all the directions on FAH website I have been unable to get my SMP clients to run.
It installs, I set the password info on them, and then try and run it, I get a black screen(windowed) for 1 second and then nothing.

ST
Yup, remember you're dealing with Stanford here. You forgot to read the fine print at the bottom that says they can't be bothered to include the core update in the official installer.

Here's the drop in binary ; http://www.stanford.edu/~kasson/fold...-Win32-x86.exe

Old October 25, 2009, 08:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post

ST
Why are you running SMP? I assume you've got the 260 folding fine, and you're talking about the CPU client?

Grab VMware, and get folding via VM. Forget that SMP stuff. Check the VM thread we have stickied.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old October 25, 2009, 08:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, you're missing the VM, that's all :)
Old October 26, 2009, 05:52 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
Yup, remember you're dealing with Stanford here. You forgot to read the fine print at the bottom that says they can't be bothered to include the core update in the official installer.

Here's the drop in binary ; http://www.stanford.edu/~kasson/fold...-Win32-x86.exe

Yeah that fixed it right off the hop LCB001! Thank you so much, I thought I was missing something for sure!

And yes, I will eventually get VM ware guys, one thing at a time.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 26, 2009, 11:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I started off doing the VM first, then tried the SMP.

I saw the little file that LCB was talking about, and installed it. I would get the double echo....

However I would never get any more than 50% cpu usage.

The install takes longer than VM as well

VM really is the easiest way, it just looks more intimidating.