Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 23, 2009, 08:25 AM
Banned
F@H

Default interesting bit for today...

i got really really really really fed up with the cooler for the card(unable to find (a cheap) one locally), and i traded it ...now comes the interesting part...dude emails me back and says he found out it was a wc unit(every third word was watercooling and i showed him the block and all and i told him to make sure he hooks it up properly and i told him he can get a deal on one of those all in all coolers if he looks around and i also sent him an sms with short instructionds) so he tried to run it by putting a fan over it to blow and he says the card shuts down shortly like a couple minutes later..........................:censored :
Old October 23, 2009, 08:36 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
i got really really really really fed up with the cooler for the card(unable to find (a cheap) one locally), and i traded it ...now comes the interesting part...dude emails me back and says he found out it was a wc unit(every third word was watercooling and i showed him the block and all and i told him to make sure he hooks it up properly and i told him he can get a deal on one of those all in all coolers if he looks around and i also sent him an sms with short instructionds) so he tried to run it by putting a fan over it to blow and he says the card shuts down shortly like a couple minutes later..........................:censored :
He dun blowed it up.
Old October 23, 2009, 08:54 AM
Banned
F@H

i dont know man but when i read the email i was like wth man...even gave him my thermal paste siringe(im left without me precious but i got some from the core freezer(conductive but ill watch out)) to make sure he dont cheap out and told him to change the old wrinkled up one that probably lies on there....................
Old October 23, 2009, 09:00 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Well I reckon we'll see if he can follow directions again, last attempt LOL.
Old October 23, 2009, 11:03 AM
Allstar
F@H

Man it sucks knowing my GTX260 is dead (I am the guy who sold it to DanGTX) !

It was a decent folder, and the shaders OC'ed nicely.

Old October 23, 2009, 11:19 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

What did you get the shaders up to and at what voltages?

I have three of 'em and can't get more than 1500 Mhz out of the shaders at stock voltages and st0ck GPU voltage and freq either.
Old October 23, 2009, 11:52 AM
Allstar
F@H

I had the shaders OC'ed to 1,600mhz with the Precision Tool, IIRC.

Old October 23, 2009, 12:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

nice move. some people are thick
Old October 23, 2009, 12:04 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth View Post
Man it sucks knowing my GTX260 is dead (I am the guy who sold it to DanGTX) !

It was a decent folder, and the shaders OC'ed nicely.
actually the guy says he put a small sink(vantec iceberg sized??) on it and gets to desktop(he says he tried it twice and he didnt see any lines or artifacts) and then a minute or two later he gets a black screen.

any way to test the card except hooking it up to a loop?
Old October 23, 2009, 12:52 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
actually the guy says he put a small sink(vantec iceberg sized??) on it and gets to desktop(he says he tried it twice and he didnt see any lines or artifacts) and then a minute or two later he gets a black screen.
If the guy used this for a GTX 260, and repeatedly tried to get to the desktop, he's asking for trouble..

Quote:
any way to test the card except hooking it up to a loop?
Well, yeah, buy a Thermalright HR-03 GTX

Edit: I hope you won't refund the guy / take the card back out of pity!