Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 23, 2009, 12:44 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I'm constantly amazed at the efforts you all put into cooling. Seriously. I just instrument the hell out of my stuff and monitor the readouts, then take improvements from those clues.
In general, it gets me a lot closer to where I wanna be in less time, but I realize not everyone has the means to it it my way. You guys get a lot of credit from me doing it the way
you do so neatly. My boxes look like rat's nests inside but I don't care as long as they work LOL.
Old October 23, 2009, 12:58 AM
Banned
F@H

*beats himself for not getting the 4 pci-e board.
Old October 23, 2009, 01:04 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
I'm constantly amazed at the efforts you all put into cooling. Seriously. I just instrument the hell out of my stuff and monitor the readouts, then take improvements from those clues.
In general, it gets me a lot closer to where I wanna be in less time, but I realize not everyone has the means to it it my way. You guys get a lot of credit from me doing it the way
you do so neatly. My boxes look like rat's nests inside but I don't care as long as they work LOL.
I think it's a matter of how most of us got to folding in the first place....

Sounds like you might be a folder at heart and thus get right to the nitty gritty of just setting up the most efficient folding machines. The majority of us OTOH, are hardware enthusiasts first with Folding being the bi-product of that rather than the first priority. We're looking for quantifiable results from our main passion which is pushing our hardware as hard as we can.

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old October 23, 2009, 01:11 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Basically correct assumptions on your part sir. My main problems are a couple of physical handicaps that
make working on the stuff difficult, and the spare time to do it, but especially the later, more than anything else.
It takes me 10 days to get the seven day itch when doing physical things, if ya know what I mean LOL.
Old October 23, 2009, 01:16 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
*beats himself for not getting the 4 pci-e board.
I know man, I want one of those so freaking bad. But life tis a little bit different now,
if ya get my drift, usually towards the bedroom LOL.
Old October 23, 2009, 01:51 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
I know man, I want one of those so freaking bad. But life tis a little bit different now,
if ya get my drift, usually towards the bedroom LOL.
correct on this guy here.

im half way there..i wont use it if it cant fold unless its passive(no noise) and i do have an ati that does i think 50ppd lol..but i still keep it.

anyway, mr brado..where are me screenies that ya promised? :)

and sadly the gtx is gone..traded.....got real tired of looking for a cooler...maybe i shouldve tried to drop the v2 in there with a couple zip ties.*beochslaps himself
Old October 23, 2009, 01:55 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
correct on this guy here.

im half way there..i wont use it if it cant fold unless its passive(no noise) and i do have an ati that does i think 50ppd lol..but i still keep it.

anyway, mr brado..where are me screenies that ya promised? :)

and sadly the gtx is gone..traded.....got real tired of looking for a cooler...maybe i shouldve tried to drop the v2 in there with a couple zip ties.*beochslaps himself
Which scrrenies ya waiting for. I already posted two of the F@HMON screenies, and farm pics of course, including a closup up on the innards of one of 'em. What else ya looking fer that I won't get banned for posting LOL???

Remember - no workroom screenies allowed as everything in there except the pooter and one LXI34410A are strictly Agilent's property.
Old October 23, 2009, 02:28 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I'll post whatever ya think teamats might be interested in, but those pretty much cover it.
Like I said I can't haul one of 'em into the workroom and wire it to the hilt for full env tests
so that.s kind of out. Open for suggestions that I can help out on some though.

In the meantime, gotta get bak ta verk. Y'all take it easy and sleep good...... G'night........
Old October 23, 2009, 04:21 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I'll pics of my rigs tonight.
Old October 23, 2009, 05:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
I'll pics of my rigs tonight.

Uh oh, i think John may break the internet with his pics of his rigs. Don't know if it'll be able to handle how awesome his folding rigs are