Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 20, 2010, 03:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorsejohnny View Post
Is there such a thing when it comes to folding ?
I exhausted my 2009 folding budget early and had to dip into savings over the final couple months of the year. Leviathan was 100% paid for by money that wasn't supposed to go towards folding. I don't want to do that again, or else my wife will kill me. And since this new platform will likely eat up my entire 2010 folding budget, I'm going to have to get a little creative and do my best to exercise reason.

Follow my benching, folding, mining and miscellaneous shenanigans @dt_oc
Old January 20, 2010, 03:31 PM
Banned
F@H

basically dont get 200$ dollar cases and make your own? :)
Old January 20, 2010, 03:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
As long as you slap the correct Team number [cough]54196[cough] on the Clients, then I'm all ears...
+1

Roger that.

Old January 20, 2010, 03:47 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
+1

Roger that.

i started folding.. im using an old macbook but its still folding.. :-D lol.. its a start
Old January 20, 2010, 04:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
As long as you slap the correct Team number [cough]54196[cough] on the Clients, then I'm all ears...
Bah! There was a time when my help from time to time was meaningful to you guys. But you're all grownsdup now, as the 'you guys rock' thread can attest to. You don't need my help any more.

Old January 20, 2010, 04:18 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Bah! There was a time when my help from time to time was meaningful to you guys. But you're all grownsdup now, as the 'you guys rock' thread can attest to. You don't need my help any more.
I'd say that a 200k PPD boost is pretty meaningful to any team.
Old January 20, 2010, 04:23 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
I'd say that a 200k PPD boost is pretty meaningful to any team.
not counting the character behind the username
Old January 20, 2010, 05:18 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Hey... that was meant as a gentle poke in the ribs, DT. You sure can fold for any Team you wish, and I'm most interested in this "project" of yours...
Old January 20, 2010, 07:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Hey... that was meant as a gentle poke in the ribs, DT.
Oh dear. I didn't mean it the way I think you thought I meant it. I think.

What I meant is, I used to come swooping in to HWC like a knight in shining armour and increase the team PPD by like 25% all by my little lonesome. And the ladies would swoon, and the men would bow at the feet. Then, after kissing a few babies and waving to the crowd *poof* I was gone, like a phantom that never existed, except for the massive swelling I left in the team's PPD area.

Now when I come by, I hardly make any difference at all. And that's because the team has grown so much over the past year and has this really unique horizontally-oriented group of power players that create just a really strong and consistent contribution to the fah project.

So I didn't mean it in a "wah - you guys don't appreciate how wonderful I am" kinda way, but more in a "when a boy grows up, you gotta let him be his own man" kinda way.

Hell, I'm proud of what HWC has been able to accomplish in such a short period of time. You guys really have not just a wonderful team of good people (which you always had) - but now also a wonderful team of some seriously bad-ass folders! It's exciting to watch, which is why I want to partake in it every once in a while. (And the prizes are nice too!)

While everything just seems so organic and natural at HWC, like the team's growth was inevitable and meant to be - things at NCIX are very much different. We don't have moderators who care about folding. We have a bunch of young kids with short attention spans. So it's a struggle on two fronts - keeping the folders engaged and keeping NCIX engaged. But despite it all, we continue to plow ahead, which is rewarding in and of itself. So even though NCIX is about to become the #14 team in the world - which is pretty frickin' cool - the point I was trying to make earlier was that NCIX needs the kind of leadership that guys like myself, 10e, Core X5 and Zarg can provide more than you guys do. You've got it in spades.

Old January 20, 2010, 07:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

nice prose death thing. And keep the clones folding !

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....