Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 15, 2009, 09:13 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

30,000 PPD . You will shot up the ranks. WTF ()
Old October 15, 2009, 09:33 AM
Banned
F@H

sneaky ole fart wont give ya a chance :D
Old October 15, 2009, 10:34 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah I do. It'll be a few days before the numbers settle down ya know [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Brad/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-17.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Brad/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-18.png[/IMG]
Don't worry about Connie's rig, it'll be in her name to keep it fair.
Yer not gunna frame me for something that ain't gonna happen, yet
Old October 15, 2009, 02:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

pfft, forget about Connie, put it in your name and get in the top 5!
Old October 15, 2009, 03:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
pfft, forget about Connie, put it in your name and get in the top 5!
Well I did promise her it would be all hers, a brand new build (i7 based), and it was (don't laugh now) a second wedding gift of sorts on her 54th birthday, so I don't think I could get away with that without waking up next morning missing a body part (that still works) LOL.

But seriously, yes, it is going to fold, and I don't think she really cares in who's name. She understands the F@H program and its all about the world, humankind, so it may very well wind up under my name, But gents, I don't wanna walk in here and yank a top 20 or higher slot right out from under someone who has worked their arse off for it. My old 61 year old ticker might not take it LOL. We'll see how it goes fellas. I know _dangtx_ has been here for a while, we've developed a pretty good friendship in the folding program over the last 4 years or so, and we're both kind of exiles, looking for a new home, full of mature levelheaded folks, run by much more mature and competent people than the outfit we left. I believe we've found it. I've been an admin, mod, you name it, for yearr, now I'm just a working stiff EE who loves folding, but, more importantly, have a blast doing it, because I firmly believe that fun and laughter are the keys to life at my age and up.

Anyway, forgive the starting off ramble, lets get it on, folding that it! All my stuff is putting out and showing on stanfrod and EOC, so this old geezer musta dun something right today

I see another post waiting having to do with how in hell to get 10K PPD from one lil box, so let me think about that a bit before opening my yap. Anyone interesting in what I run to get that will be amazed at how little it really is, so please ak if interested..... Back in just a little while...... Nature calls all too often at 60+ ya know
Old October 15, 2009, 05:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty View Post
, But gents, I don't wanna walk in here and yank a top 20 or higher slot right out from under someone who has worked their arse off for it. My old 61 year old ticker might not take it LOL.
I'm all very happy with what everyone is doing and how the team is doing, but you're suggesting it be easy to allow someone to be in the top 20 because... well... because they've tried?

Nah, make it hard, raise the bar. People will still make it, and it'll be that much more of an achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty View Post
I see another post waiting having to do with how in hell to get 10K PPD from one lil box, so let me think about that a bit before opening my yap. Anyone interesting in what I run to get that will be amazed at how little it really is, so please ak if interested..... Back in just a little while...... Nature calls all too often at 60+ ya know
As of right now in order to make the top 10 all you need is a bit over 10,000PPD, which is literally a quad core at 3.0ghz and a GTX260.... which is exactly the PPD I'm getting on the machine I'm typing on now (in the sig at the bottom of my post)

In my opinion the top 20 isn't hard enough

Top 20 should require 20,000 PPD, which means double box folding or a farm.
Old October 15, 2009, 05:57 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
I'm all very happy with what everyone is doing and how the team is doing, but you're suggesting it be easy to allow someone to be in the top 20 because... well... because they've tried?

Nah, make it hard, raise the bar. People will still make it, and it'll be that much more of an achievement.

As of right now in order to make the top 10 all you need is a bit over 10,000PPD, which is literally a quad core at 3.0ghz and a GTX260.... which is exactly the PPD I'm getting on the machine I'm typing on now (in the sig at the bottom of my post)

In my opinion the top 20 isn't hard enough

Top 20 should require 20,000 PPD, which means double box folding or a farm.
That's virtually what I'm running, to a T. Three identical rigs, gigabyte p45 based boards, each with a Q6600 overclocked to 3.5 Ghz, 4 gigs of memory, rappy HD, and a GTX260/216 SC with shaders bumpd up another 10% or so.

And I agree, the req to hit top20 are eventually going to have to change upwards. Can easily visualize EOC upping the ante to 20 or perhaps even 30k not too far off in the future.