Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 17, 2009, 04:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Can you expand out the GPU-Z screenshot a little more so we can see the specific work unit? Some WUs result in different PPD.
If the "slow" GPU is folding a 511 point work unit while the other one is folding a 384 pointer, there's your answer.

Either way, your slow GPU is folding faster than my Radeon 4870
Old September 17, 2009, 06:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Even with the ACBP projects, an 8800GTS should do more than 4k PPD.

It is definitely an odd situation, given that before loading up WinSMP, the clients did not have to fight for cycles. A couple things to check though:
- Under the Advanced tab in your client config, are both clients set to "Slightly higher" core priority? They should be.
- Try checking "Do NOT lock cores to specific CPU" and using a program like PriFinitty 2 by Ed Wilk to make sure both GPU clients have access to both cores.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old September 18, 2009, 08:38 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I don't know what happened but XP did a couple of updates and restarted my computer. When I started up the clients, they both run at around 6500ppd now. Thanks for the all the help, don't really know how it got fixed, but am glad it is.