Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 13, 2009, 06:42 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Folding for a Canadian university...

Those programs for folding are very nice, it's also awesome to see so many people donating their electricity bills for them.

However I have been wondering... any folding project running in a Canadian university?

I work myself for a canadian government agency that funds projects and researchers in canadian universities i've been wondering if there is not a canadian project we could donate our canadian CPU cycles to, I searched a little but did not find a thing.

In the mean time... WTF HWC!!!!
Old September 13, 2009, 06:49 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

$@%&#&$&... wrong section... can a very nice and courteous mod fix this please? :)
Old September 13, 2009, 07:26 PM
F@H

My System Specs

There are different universities that have students that have unofficial clubs however to my knowledge there is no publicly funded or acknowledge universities. If you want to change this, lemme know if its possible to get funding for the Computer and Electrical Engineering Society over here at UNB
Old September 13, 2009, 07:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It would be cool that Canada join the folding rank. Like putting pub for it or something like that. Maybe we should talk to our depute? I can try for mine he is living like...3 street from me XD.

Ask for more.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old September 13, 2009, 07:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Lol martin why do you always put "Ask for more" at the end of your posts, what does that even mean haha. I also have a fun time trying to decipher your franglish grammer :) And ya, Skyllz you should get on that and see if you can get some funding for folding at a Canadian Uni and then get them to build a nice folding farm :)
Old September 13, 2009, 07:35 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, I said I worked at an agency that provides funding, I freaking wish I was the one writing the checks or had some decision power in that. Would be fun

But still, the fact that i'm involved to some extent in this made me think about that and I was wondering if there was not already something running where we could, as canadian, help a canadian university instead fo a US one.
Old September 14, 2009, 06:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

One of the WCG projects, Help Conquer Cancer, is half-Canadian from the looks of it: World Community Grid - Research - Research Participants
Before the contest I was dividing CPU on my main between WCG and Rosetta.