Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 13, 2009, 11:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Manually downloading WUs

the network connection on my main folding rig has gone down, is it possible to manually upload the finished WU then download a new one by transferring the files over on a thumb drive.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old September 13, 2009, 12:21 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

No. What you can do is copy the entire F@H folder over to a computer with an internet connection and run it off a thumb drive. Then it'll upload the finished work and download a new unit. However, you have to run it on a computer that can support the same client version. For example, if you're running a Windows SMP client, you have to use a computer that is already set up with the SMP client, otherwise it won't download an SMP unit once the old one has been uploaded.
Old September 13, 2009, 12:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

damn, the one thing I am worried about is my GPU and I don't have any access to another computer with an Nvidea card in it.

Old September 13, 2009, 02:53 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Then unfortunately you're pretty much SOL. I suggest you get your network issue fixed as soon as possible.
Old September 13, 2009, 02:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ya get that connection back up cracka!! You'll have to eventually fix it anyways. Should'nt be too hard to fix. I'm assuming it's just down on your folding rig? Is it on wireless? Did it just crap out while using? Try reseting(power cycle) modem/router.
Old September 13, 2009, 03:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am connected to the same network as my laptop, it has access to the Internet but my main rig can't do anything on the Internet. yes it is wireless but it is my neighbors network so I can't manually reset it and there is no option in the GUI to just reset. I cant really figure out why it happened, it was fine when I went to school and when I got back my anti virus was complaining that it could not update. I am the unofficial net admin of the network since they apparently have no clue how to edit settings.

Old September 13, 2009, 04:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by bissa View Post
I am connected to the same network as my laptop, it has access to the Internet but my main rig can't do anything on the Internet. yes it is wireless but it is my neighbors network so I can't manually reset it and there is no option in the GUI to just reset. I cant really figure out why it happened, it was fine when I went to school and when I got back my anti virus was complaining that it could not update. I am the unofficial net admin of the network since they apparently have no clue how to edit settings.

tisk tisk taking from yer neighbour isnt that one of the commandments.....
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
OCZ 600W GameXstream
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Antec Spot Cool
Logitech X-230
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Old September 13, 2009, 08:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm not Christian, so i don't really pay attention the the lesser of those the ones I do follow are just because of common sense.

Old September 15, 2009, 10:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I had forgotten that my ethernet NIC was turned on so I could support a file share, but when that is on I cant access the internet. I turned that off and my internet came back and my space heater is back on.

Old September 15, 2009, 10:37 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

It's almost a shame that F@H doesnt support this... It would probably make for more efficient folding farms if there was only one system connecting to the internet to download/upload WUs and distribute them amongst the "workers" like a cluster. Then things like antivirus and much more could be completely turned off of those workers, freeing up cpu time for more foldingness... Oh well.