Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 12, 2009, 04:18 AM
F@H

My System Specs

If you don't fold for HWC you're not Canadian!:canadianwave :
Old September 12, 2009, 04:42 AM
Allstar
F@H

Lol i am an American living in canada .
So who should i fold for?

HWC of coarse !!!!!!!!!!

Even if i lived in the states i would still fold for HWC this is my kinda forum and good people:)

Alto i don't really fold alot , :(
Old September 13, 2009, 12:04 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
If you don't fold for HWC you're not Canadian!:canadianwave :
2c
I assume you are speaking in jest as your good natured posts would lead one to believe. I wanted to mention this as sarcasm and facetious comments are often not interpreted in the manner which they are intended; especially in text (without facial expression or audible inflections to clarify intent).

I wouldn't want anyone folding for some other team to feel unwelcome here, even if it's not a Canadian team.

btw - HWC Points Last 24hours: 803,349 !
GO HWC

(I'll stop now)
MAIN: i5 3570 @ 4.5Ghz wH100 / evga GTX780 SOC / MSI Z77A-G45 / 8gb G.Skill 2133 1T / 30" 2560x1600 / Antec P280 / PCP&C 950w / Intel 520 SSD 240gb / Eclipse / G3-Lazer / z5300 / Win7 Pro64 / APC Xs1300
HTPC : nMedia6000B / AMD X2 4400+ / M2A-VM / Corsair 4GB 800 / LiteOn Blu-Ray / 8800GT / Samsung 46"LCD / 2x2TB / OCZ500 / ATI550 / Wrless Kbrd & Rmte / z-5500 / Win7Pro / APC700
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" 
- Mahatma Gandhi  
Old September 13, 2009, 02:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have my server folding for Airsoft Canada (there are 2 active Americans, and 10 active non Canadians out of about 4000 active members) and my 8800 and E5200 are folding for hwc.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old September 13, 2009, 03:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ILVgeARX View Post
yea that $100 is really attracting a lot of folks. every time i go to the evga site and look at that folding promotion makes me want stick the extra 8800gt in the pc and install vmware on the quad to get that million for the $100 evga dollars
Well the $100 is going to help me get a new card when they come out. Right now I'm between rigs, just sold one, selling this one and will be building a new one. PPD was briefly 30k, then 10k, now 2-3k. Oh well, it's temporary. Also the SMP's have been a big PITA lately giving crappy WU's so I can't be arsed with them right now.
Old September 13, 2009, 07:07 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSound View Post
2c
I assume you are speaking in jest as your good natured posts would lead one to believe. I wanted to mention this as sarcasm and facetious comments are often not interpreted in the manner which they are intended; especially in text (without facial expression or audible inflections to clarify intent).

I wouldn't want anyone folding for some other team to feel unwelcome here, even if it's not a Canadian team.

btw - HWC Points Last 24hours: 803,349 !
GO HWC

(I'll stop now)
Oh yeah it was, its how other companies or products say to support this or buy this otherwise you aren't from this country
Old September 14, 2009, 07:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

we all fold for standford and ourselves. it doesn't matter if your Black, White, or Yellow. We shouldn't wear color glasses to tell people which team they should fold for.

Either you fold for HWC, [H], XS or eVGA, they all go back to the same origin. Its the involvement and participation that counts.

Fold On fellow folders.
Old September 14, 2009, 09:37 PM
Rookie

Cool

There are several Canadian teams (outside of NCIX forum team that DT and I are on) but some are hard to tell.
e.g. SilentPCReview is based in Vancouver and is ranked 49 (Hardware Canucks will pass them by the end of the year).

In Rosetta can also see rankings by county. Not in F@H.
If somehow NCIX's HWC's and SPR's folding teams all combined (hypothetically as it's not going to happen), they would be a formidable 1.6M PPD or 9th overall in strength. Of course if NCIX returns (I hope!) back to around 1M PPD post-summer that would bring the overall total to 2M PPD.

p.s. nice contests here & perhaps more importantly ... lots of posts! One difficulty with older teams (I've been in a few) is to keep the motiva... Oooh shiney!
p.p.s. trying to keep the icons below the pain threshold... unlike the OP!
p.p.p.s. need more beer...
Old September 15, 2009, 04:20 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

YIKES!!!! to be in the top 20 you are now talking an average of 11.5k ppd... and it's been climbing steadily in the last couple days.
Old September 15, 2009, 07:39 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I think team Hardware Canucks Forum is the best Canadian Team because just by reading the team name you know for sure that were Canadian. All the teams we pass must think Canada really knows their shit when it comes to computers. The closer our team is to the top of the stats, the more people are going to come and check out HardwareCanucks.com just to see what were doing here. More people that join HardwareCanucks.com means the more people we may have join our F@H team, More people mean more contests down the road, So get the word out that Hardware Canucks is the place to be, and help feed our little addiction. So keep up the good work. WTF ().GO CANADA