Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 11, 2009, 02:25 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

I have the SMP client on my i7

just not servers at work :)
QNAP TS-209II 2x1TB Raid 1 NAS
heat: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=244

Old September 11, 2009, 02:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
How can we tell if a WU is bad since the new core pretty much removes the bad WU.
Normally, a bad WU will error out, get purged and a new one will be downloaded. Lately, though, I've found some bad WUs that result in a hang - so your VM will stop folding indefinitely until you intervene. Problem is a restart won't do anything because the bad WU will still be in there, resulting in another hang. So the user will have to go in there and manually purge the WU, and the code I posted is how to do that. I've never seen this before in my notfred VMs, it's an issue that has only recently cropped up over the last week or so.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old September 11, 2009, 03:05 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
@Putz. Whether you run SMP or Notfred or Linux clients or just single core clients, you're still using the same amount of electricity
Not true, the CPU will consume less power if it is not loaded as strenuously, which would be the case with the uniprocessor client and the Windows SMP client. Even if the CPU is at 100% usage in Task Manager, that doesn't mean it's being stressed completely.