Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 11, 2009, 09:25 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Default Started folding

SMP CPU folding doesn't work for me. I do the install.bat and everything goes ok but when I click on the .exe the window opens than closes. Meh

Last edited by Unknownm; September 11, 2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old September 11, 2009, 10:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

SMP needs two cores to run properly, Matthew. So running one SMP client should suffice. How did you set it up? Does it work at all? Maybe you should uninstall it and retry? Let us know if you need help.
Old September 11, 2009, 10:44 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Dr. Silver View Post
SMP needs two cores to run properly, Matthew. So running one SMP client should suffice. How did you set it up? Does it work at all? Maybe you should uninstall it and retry? Let us know if you need help.

Problem Setting up SMP

Last edited by Unknownm; September 11, 2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old September 11, 2009, 08:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I assume you're going to run SMP on Windows?
I had the same issue with my laptop - I'd double click the F@H EXE and nothing would happen; no errors even if I ran it from Command Prompt. It would just quickly open and then close. I fixed the problem by blindly replacing the EXE with the one from the folding forums under the SMP section:
Folding Forum • View topic - 6.24R3 windows SMP client released --Expiration July 4, 2010

With the new EXE, everything ran happily. I'm using the MPICH flavour of the SMP client, under Windows Vista 32 bit.