Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 10, 2009, 12:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Profanity over Prifinitty!

Sorry about the title but I just couldn't resist

I'm not sure if it's a Vista 64 thing or I just don't know what the hell I'm doing but everytime the GPU clients finish a WU and start a new one they all revert back to low priority and I keep having to reset it back to high. I've tried reading the help pages but either I'm not reading it right or I just didn't find what I'm looking.

Anyhow, how do I set the priority so that it stays on high when a new WU starts?

Thanks

Old September 10, 2009, 12:33 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

You have to set it for both Core 11 and 14, independently - per card. That means 8 Cores to be shown in the Favs column. Also, make sure you select Autoset and Enforce options (top right of window)
Old September 10, 2009, 12:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Notice on my dual SLI setup there are 2 copies of both 14 and 11, just like 3.0Charlie said....

I also find that if you limit affinity on your GPU clients it eats into your PPD. The way I have it set up now the GPU client can hop to whatever core is available to feed it work.

Also, notice the "airplane" and "shield" icon are selected on. The plane is "auto set favorites", that is, the list on the right. The shield is set to re-enforce the affinity/priority once a minute, in case anything changes.

Old September 10, 2009, 12:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm definitely doing something wrong, my right side doesn't look anything like that
Attached Images

Old September 10, 2009, 12:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

All those Fahcore's on the left need to be added to the right menu pane. The right menu pane is where the magic happens, it's your "favorites" and is the only thing that gets monitored. Make sure when you add them to the left the affinity for them says "01234567" like it does on everything else.

Essentially right now you have the fahcore process locked to one core, which might be busy. You're literally running your fahcore on a one core cpu. In your GPU folding settings within the client you probably have it set to "DO NOT lock cores to specific CPUs" for more speed. Double check that. You definately want that checked on.
Old September 10, 2009, 12:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Actually this is going to be good, should be a decent PPD increase from you after this...
Old September 10, 2009, 01:02 PM
Allstar

Right click on the process and select add to favorites. It will remember the current settings that process has, and then if you have 'boot with windows' it will automatically apply all preferences to all of the running processes you have specified under favorites.
Old September 10, 2009, 01:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hmmm...couple of things, first, it won't let me change the affinity to 01234567, I click on all the boxes and hit the checkmark and it says "unable to make changes to some files" "Affinity Errors:1 Priority Errors:0".....should I delete them from Prifinitty and just start over?...if so, how do I delete them?

I screwed this up good!...lol

My PPD is quite good I think
Attached Images

Old September 10, 2009, 01:15 PM
Allstar

Nah, I've noticed its started doing that to me too. I suspect something has changed since 2.17 (its 2.19 now I think). I'm not sure what could have changed to now show an OS incompatibility though. They suggest making sure to select 'run as administrator'. The guy also says he has no desire to upgrade the software past XP 32 bit, but it always used to be fully functional for me in Vista x64. I decided to just leave my GPUs on those cores as that's the only thing that gives me that error.

As a side not, my console is NOT set to lock to one core, so I'm not sure what's up.

To delete, it should be as simple as right clicking the 'favorite' and selecting remove. I'm afraid I can't remember off hand though.
Old September 10, 2009, 01:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Man!!...I even had the 4th core working but crapped out at 10% and restarted, I expect it to crap out again now....too bad, nice PPD!
Attached Images