Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 8, 2009, 07:53 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Default CPU Folding

Can you please help me set this up. i installed vmware but i see no ppd or progress in the fahmon but my cpu load is 100%. can someone write my a simple step by step guide?
Old September 8, 2009, 08:09 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

You actually see commands in the Fahmon window, and your CPU is at 100%? All is good. Wait 20-30 minutes, you should see a percentage point in Fahmon. Then after 2-3%, a ppd.

Welcome to the Team.
Old September 8, 2009, 08:18 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Here is a step by step for setting up the monitoring program:
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...-progress.html
Fold for team #54196
Old September 8, 2009, 08:36 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

ok, it's working now . Thank you for your help, i just have to be more patient. My cpu's ppd is 2500 while my gpu's is 8500. i have E8400@4ghz and gtx260. Is my cpu's ppd normal?
Old September 8, 2009, 08:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Absolutely.
Old September 9, 2009, 02:09 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

i have a new problem now . it lookes like vmware messed up my folding. my gpu is not folding any more, well it does but very slow. before the problem was that my cpu and gpu could not fold at the same time, so i deleted vmware, and now my gpu doesnt fold the way it used to. before my card whined all the time, now it beeps for 2 seconds then it's quiet for 3 then it beeps again and so on. what is wrong with my client? i tried deleting it but it didn't help, maybe i should delete it again and delete the folders as well.
Old September 9, 2009, 02:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Which client is it, in ppd? Some clients do fold intermittently.
Old September 9, 2009, 02:16 PM
Allstar

The first problem is a common problem with the VM Ware client, as it defaults to a priority higher than what is assigned to the GPU console. As such, even though the GPU console uses little CPU power, VM Ware chokes the output of the GPU console. I recommend a program called Prifinity PriFinitty 2 by Ed Wilk this program will allow you to set the priority of the GPU to higher than the VM Ware client, and save it to always be that way. Task manager priority changing requires you to set it to high priority every time the GPU gets a new work unit.

As for the GPU not folding now, I can't explain that. Try doing a clean wipe of the drivers as it sounds the card isn't actually ramping up. Perhaps its not hitting 3D clocks, and thus is now folding slow.
Old September 9, 2009, 02:28 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

the card is running in 3d mode. it was working before, but after a couple of minutes of vmware running it stopped working at full potential. it works for a second or two then stops, then starts and stops again.
Old September 9, 2009, 02:36 PM
Allstar

Yes, that would be signs of the VM Ware client choking out CPU usage which results in not enough CPU for the GPU which results in lowered PPD. Grabbing that Prifinity program and setting F@H Core 11 and F@H Core 14 to 'High' priority will solve that particular issue. Then you'll be able to run a GPU and CPU folding client at the same time.

What does your client report in PPD right now? Current work unit? I assume its currently running by itself and not getting full potential, yes?