Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 9, 2009, 01:57 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

when i deleted vmware it wasnet warking at all. like 15 min ago my ppd was 6000, that is on overclocked gtx 260. now my ppd rises little by little, its 7200
Old September 9, 2009, 02:01 PM
Allstar

Ok, your GPU is most likely working at full speed. It just looks like its got lingering issues because of the way Fahmon reports PPD. Fahmon is set by default to report average PPD over the past 3% completed. So, depending on the WU, it could take 15 or more minutes to sort out. Once 3% has been completed after the VM Ware client was shut down, you should notice its back to normal PPD.

Anyways, I reckon your GPU is fine and dandy, it was just getting choked by the VM Ware client and is now correcting for that. If you try the Prifinity program and set it up so the GPUs are a higher priority, I'm pretty sure you'll be all set. If you need help with Prifinity, let me know.
Old September 9, 2009, 02:07 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Thank you for your help. ill how my folding will continue and ill report if i have any problems. the only wierd thing is that the card is "beeping" intead of whining. the ppd is 6800 right now.
Old September 9, 2009, 02:21 PM
Allstar

Oh. Right. Beeping. I'd forgotten about that. (Sorry)

What power supply are you running in the system?
Old September 9, 2009, 02:30 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

tx750
Old September 9, 2009, 02:32 PM
Allstar

That should be more than enough for a GTX 260 and the rest of your setup. You said it started randomly after deleting the VM Ware client? Not much more sense to be found there. Have you tried switching drivers?
Old September 9, 2009, 02:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisS View Post
Thank you for your help. ill how my folding will continue and ill report if i have any problems. the only wierd thing is that the card is "beeping" intead of whining. the ppd is 6800 right now.
what are your temps? What do you use to monitor your GPU? I use EVGA Precision for my GPU and you can turn up the fan speed on the GPU if its hot.
Attached Images

Old September 9, 2009, 03:01 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

i also use evga precision my temps are 60+, before when everything was fine it was 70+. i have 2 theries for my problems, first is that my client got somehow damaged, and the secon on is that there is something wrong with a WU im working on right now.
Old September 9, 2009, 03:04 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Can you tell us how many points that GPU work unit is worth? (ie. 511 points, 768, 353, etc) Project number?

Last winter we used to get 420 point WUs that engaged the GPU core in short bursts. In those cases the coil whine would be intermittent, turning into what would sound like beeps if the whine was loud enough. If you are getting 'beeping' it could be intermittent whining???
Fold for team #54196
Old September 9, 2009, 03:05 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisS View Post
i also use evga precision my temps are 60+, before when everything was fine it was 70+. i have 2 theries for my problems, first is that my client got somehow damaged, and the secon on is that there is something wrong with a WU im working on right now.
...a lower temp with the beeping instead of the whining and higher temps supports my previous post..
Fold for team #54196