Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 6, 2009, 08:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Can't Track NotFred Again

My sister's computer crashed so I installed Windows 7 RC yesterday. Everything's up and running except for one thing. I can't seem to track the Notfred client on her computer consistently. I have everything setup the way it's supposed to be, and the client address is pointed to \\fold-0d9a\c\etc\folding\1\. However from time to time, I won't be able to access it because Windows can't find the network path.

Both my computer and her computer are running Windows 7 RC 64 bit, and we're both in the same Workgroup and Homegroup. The VMware client is setup just like it was in the XP days and I'm using the latest version of VMware Player. She's using the latest version of the Notfred client.
Old September 6, 2009, 08:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
My sister's computer crashed so I installed Windows 7 RC yesterday. Everything's up and running except for one thing. I can't seem to track the Notfred client on her computer consistently. I have everything setup the way it's supposed to be, and the client address is pointed to \\fold-0d9a\c\etc\folding\1\. However from time to time, I won't be able to access it because Windows can't find the network path.

Both my computer and her computer are running Windows 7 RC 64 bit, and we're both in the same Workgroup and Homegroup. The VMware client is setup just like it was in the XP days and I'm using the latest version of VMware Player. She's using the latest version of the Notfred client.
I'm dealing with the exact same BS right now!
Old September 6, 2009, 08:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

why not find it by IP?
Old September 6, 2009, 08:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Similar issue with IP. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I can find the client by typing the IP address in my browser though. Problem is that I dunno when the WU would expire, which is why I need to track it via FahMon so I can tell my sister to leave the computer on when required.
Old September 9, 2009, 03:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Anyone managed to find a fix? I'm probably going to install VMWare Player and the Notfred client over the weekend.