Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 1, 2009, 07:58 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Folding for noobs... CPU/GPU...

I just installed the F@Home CPU client(GUI), works fine by itself, no real settings to do. I read most of the F.A.Q too but i'm not quite sure I undertand...

No I read guys running their CPUs and GPUs? I've looked in the settings, tried to see what could be done, I got no freaking clue.

Anyone could write a simple easy to follow faq?

This is for my main rig below, I want it to run at night and while i'm at work all day.

I also have a P4 3.0 with a 7600GT that's catching dust in a corner(file server) that I might get folding too while I am at it...

hanks for any advise/help!
Old September 1, 2009, 08:06 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Nevermind... seems like someone was writing while I actually made this topic, I think I found all I need in the Dr Prof topic :)
Old September 1, 2009, 08:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Lol... I was just going to send you there.... and you reminded me of a few things actually.... KISS = Keep It Short & Simple!

If you have any questions.... let us know! :)
Old September 1, 2009, 08:10 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

At least now I got the CPU and the GPU client running. It's getting late, i'll let it run, see where i'm at and take it from there ;)

Thanks!
Old September 2, 2009, 09:59 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Question.

I have my main rig slowly folding while i'm at work... i'll look into setting it up better when I get home. I've also been reading the instructions on the Stantford website...

If I setup my 2nd(slow ass but does nothing all day other then waiting for it's backup schedule or watch my shows at night) computer for folding too, how do I make it "register" under my alias. Do I need to setup a different machine number(main rig has 1-CPU 2-GPU) so this second machine should be 3-CPU 4-GPU? Something else?

I hope I got this right :)
Old September 2, 2009, 12:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If it is on a different computer then you do not need a seperate machine number.

However, some computers are really not worth folding with.

I would say that if you don't either use Intel 478 and up or AMD 939 and up it's not going to be worth the electricity you burn.