Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 5, 2009, 04:31 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

FWIW I saw this post by user 10e on the F@H forums;
Quote:
If you are using RivaTuner as well to overclock the cards or control fan speeds, you can get some very strange "side-effects". I found the same or similar issue with a dual-board GTX 295 folding alongside a single PCB GTX 295 under Windows 2003 x64. I would either get an "unstable_machine" on the second or third client, OR I'd just have it hang. I'd usually have to re-start the entire box.

IF you are using it, remove it and try again. If you are using EVGA Tuner the same problem exists because it is based on the same software as RivaTuner. The nVidia System tools didn't seem to have this issue, so you can try those if they work OK for you under Vista X64.

Best o' luck.
You might want to read the entire thread it mentions dual-pcb cards as well; Folding Forum • View topic - Pair of single PCB GTX295 video cards

Old September 5, 2009, 10:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Interesting!
Old September 5, 2009, 01:57 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzn4evr View Post
I still don't believe it's the GPU's ...
admitting there is a problem is the first step hehehe

mine started acting up this morning with one instance reporting unstable machine, had to power cycle the box b4 it got better again...

You figure yours out yet?
Old September 5, 2009, 09:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm sorry but I refuse...I don't have a problem!...I am NOT a foldaholic!...

Funny thing is, I get all 4 cores working for awhile and all seems right with the world, then other times it's like I can't get that 4th core to run if my life depended on it!

Overall though I'm pretty happy with things at the moment, here's what I'm running and PPD's seem pretty good ....and I've moved up from 105 to 86 in a couple of days ...still, I'll never catch the top guns but I'll have fun tryin'
Attached Images

Old September 5, 2009, 09:52 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

When you take screenshots of FahMon in the future, can you expand the PPD column so we can see the full numbers? That would make it a lot easier to tell if your clients appear to be running at the proper speeds.
Old September 5, 2009, 09:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok, how do I do that?...I'm still learning, the only client that I know of that is still giving me pains is GTX295-1....it still shows as craping out with the same thing

Old September 5, 2009, 10:08 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Just double-click the vertical line separating the PPD column from the column to the right of it and it will auto-resize :).
Old September 6, 2009, 09:18 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Mine quit again this morning! and same core GPU 1 (-gpu 1) its been stable for weeks! what changed? well my wife opened the windows again last night and the humidity is very high im wondering if that's part of it...

Kruzn when you say GTX295-1 is that the one set with -gpu 1 ?
Old September 7, 2009, 02:02 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

You wouldn't have installed the rivatuner app? I just realized after installing it my system became unstable, Ive uninstalled it now and will see if any more Unstable_machine errors arise...

I lost allot of work tonight for some reason after removing the app and restarting... 3 of the 4 cores decided to dump the work and get a new WU.. of course they were all 1888's half way done..
Old September 9, 2009, 01:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Been away for a few days and left the rig folding, made up some pretty good ground, moved up to 70th but only averaging about 15k PPD because I still can't get the 4th GPU to keep running!

fefox: It doesn't seem to matter what GPU#...it's always the 4th client I open. I don't use riva turner but I do have evga precision so I'm going to try uninstalling it and see if that helps. I've tried just about everything else I can think of, I had all 4 going for a short time then it craps out again and again. I kept deleting the work and queue files and restarting, sometimes it runs for awhile and other times 1% and craps out.
Attached Images