Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 7, 2009, 02:15 PM
Banned
F@H

there you go. folder for life!! or lifer!!! :)
Old December 7, 2009, 02:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
Great to see you back at it and keep them coming, those are some nice points you're getting there.

Looks like SugerJ got one too, man those help alot...
Expect to see a little bit more as i shoot for 4GHz, i love this new room in residence. The room is a good 5-7C cooler ambient temp, meaning everything runs cooler and should mean i can hit 4GHz without overly hot temps.
Old December 7, 2009, 02:24 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Expect to see a little bit more as i shoot for 4GHz, i love this new room in residence. The room is a good 5-7C cooler ambient temp, meaning everything runs cooler and should mean i can hit 4GHz without overly hot temps.
That's what we like to hear...

Old December 7, 2009, 04:09 PM
Allstar

Was going to return the smack talking, but I thought it might hurt the chances for anyone answering my request. So I'll just /smacktalk for now (I promise).

Do any of you have some sort of all-in-one non-air cooling solution that will fit an i7? Obviously I'm looking for one that slaps air-cooling around like a *****. VM Ware is currently trying to melt the metal out of my i7 motherboard and CPU and I'd like to make it a little tougher for it. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good fix, or possibly have a fix sitting right behind them that I could possibly buy?

Mucho <3o if you do. 80 C makes an i7 unhappy.
Old December 7, 2009, 04:15 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Freezone Elite?
Old December 7, 2009, 04:25 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
there you go. folder for life!! or lifer!!! :)
Both
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Fiendo View Post
Was going to return the smack talking, but I thought it might hurt the chances for anyone answering my request. So I'll just /smacktalk for now (I promise).

Do any of you have some sort of all-in-one non-air cooling solution that will fit an i7? Obviously I'm looking for one that slaps air-cooling around like a *****. VM Ware is currently trying to melt the metal out of my i7 motherboard and CPU and I'd like to make it a little tougher for it. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good fix, or possibly have a fix sitting right behind them that I could possibly buy?

Mucho <3o if you do. 80 C makes an i7 unhappy.
Don't stop the smacktalk on our account, you probably have a better chance of getting answers if you keep it up...

Old December 7, 2009, 04:28 PM
Allstar

I'll take a minute to check the reviews. I'm just looking for something to back the temps off my i7 so I don't run it to an early grave. Obviously it's going to be doing the 24/7 folding thing, and it's going to have to take the heat of a 4.01GHz (more if I have the headroom) overclock.

I've been told all in ones don't perform too well on i7s, or at least not as assuredly as water cooling. I may end up biting the bullet and buying a small loop to get this CPU cool first, and then worry about my GPUs later. It'd be my first loop so I'm sure there will be much fun to be had.
Old December 7, 2009, 04:29 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Freezone Elite?
2nd that, theres one at 160 i think from a dude right here in mtl. but i think he only has amd brackets.
Old December 7, 2009, 04:49 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Freezone Elite?
Ok, just skimmed about 4 reviews and each pretty say the same: anything 775 - yes, i7 not so well.

So now I'm starting to think along the lines of Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima Liquid Cooling Kit (Universal Mount / LGA 1366 Included) - FrozenCPU.com but all parts used / not necessarily those parts.

Just 1 month ago I told myself I didn't need watercooling for anything I was doing. Now I'm looking at having this beauty of a gaming rig, all Tri SLI'd water cooled Oc'ed i7 to the nines, and not / barely using it.

Ok, its actually pretty funny but still. So, anyone want to get rid of a boat load of WC parts? I need everything to do a basic CPU loop. Also, I will look at adding some universal GPU blocks to the mix (along with the ramsinks too) but that's in the future.
Old December 7, 2009, 04:52 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Better be more precise next time, since you asked for

Quote:
all-in-one
Does not reflect what you just explained in your last post.