Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 10, 2007, 09:14 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Client problem

I initially had the FaH client installed on the pc I just gave my wife but when I attempted to initiate the client it pops up then immediately disappears. So I unistalled the client and reinstalled a fresh copy hoping that would fix the problem however it still just pops up then disappears. I can get the batch file to run but cant get the client to run...any suggestions?
Old August 10, 2007, 10:08 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

Which client are you trying to run? Which OS vista or wxp?

It sounds like either a beta client that has expired,
or if it is the smp client the client needs to run under the id that is logged on, and the install.bat should be rerun to pick up your wifes id and pw. You need to have a pw for the smp client in win smp.

If you open a cmd prompt and start the client manually from the folding directory you will be able to see the messages without the window disappearing.
Old August 11, 2007, 12:40 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I am using the smp client on Vista. It was working before I installed the entire thing in the other case. The computer name is still mine however I changed the user name to that of my wife so when I use the bat. install I use my wifes name and it says it is working but the client wont run and using command prompt gets the same result so...
Old August 11, 2007, 12:56 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
I am using the smp client on Vista. It was working before I installed the entire thing in the other case. The computer name is still mine however I changed the user name to that of my wife so when I use the bat. install I use my wifes name and it says it is working but the client wont run and using command prompt gets the same result so...
I haven't used vista, but you need to be logged in as admin and turn off UAC when you run the install.bat. I expect this all needs to be done under your wifes id - set her up as admin if she is not already ... I expect that will keep things simpler.

Here is a link that may help Beginners Guide to WinSMP on Vista or XP - Overclockers Forums