Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 2, 2009, 11:35 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Remote Monitoring

I had a fun day yesterday with my girlfriend's computer and my old rig that going to be turning into my parent's computer. First off, i put the e6400 and the lovely donated heat sink from John into her mobo to only find out after getting it all set up, that her mobo doesn't support ocing. Spent an hour trying to update firmware and all the dog and pony until i realized my back up 775 board thats in my old rig is OC'able (not the greatest but still something). I swapped the parts, found that the stock speed temps were a good 4C lower on my old rig mobo (which was a plus). Then spent an hour trying to find a good OC speed and temp, ended up settling with 2.58GHz, at full load folding it is about 55C in my basement.

Now unto my actual question, how do i remotely monitor the folding progress of that vmware client via my computer (so i can see whats going on with it, see my total pdd, etc) that is on a different network (her computer at at her parents place, mine is at my own).
Old August 2, 2009, 04:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oh no... more ppd for Arinoth...
Old August 2, 2009, 05:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'd be interested in this solution too.... like maybe some external daemon server type thingy in a version of Fahmon or something?
Old August 2, 2009, 05:34 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by somecanadianguy View Post
Oh no... more ppd for Arinoth...
i "think" it'll only be an extra 2k ppd a day if she lets the computer fold 24/7 still not enough to pass you, yet (i need to pick up that gpu in my wtb thread)
Old August 2, 2009, 05:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Not sure how to monitor your clients like that, but I've heard that it's possible to do.

So you switched the motherboard between your parent's computer and your girlfriend's computer? Couldn't you have just taken the E6400 and put it into your parent's rig? Less work involved.

Oh, and nice way to spend your long weekend with your girlfriend
Old August 2, 2009, 05:55 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Not sure how to monitor your clients like that, but I've heard that it's possible to do.

So you switched the motherboard between your parent's computer and your girlfriend's computer? Couldn't you have just taken the E6400 and put it into your parent's rig? Less work involved.

Oh, and nice way to spend your long weekend with your girlfriend
Thats what i originally had, i had the e6400 in my parent's rig, took it out to put it into her's (to replace/swap the e4400).

She spent the previous night over and she was having a nap when i was playing the hardware
Old August 2, 2009, 06:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

* HFM.NET - Client Monitoring Application for Folding@Home * - Overclockers Forums

I'm looking into that to see if it'll work
Old August 2, 2009, 09:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, that program has potential.... it'll log on to web servers or ftp sites in order to parse information from log files from remote machines.

It will also generate HTML code that you can dump into a drawer of a web server.
Old August 3, 2009, 10:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm neither is really an option seeing as i wont be able to run a web server of the client folding as well as make it an ftp server
Old August 4, 2009, 11:29 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

VPN into the networks then just setup fahmon to watch those folders? That was my idea but I'm unable to get into my remote network :( so I just watch for a large drop in ppd to know something's wrong with my octo-gpu box.

Have an A-1 day!