Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 31, 2009, 03:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Remembering why...

I've had my system folding away hard for almost 5 weeks now and am definately hooked.
It's been fun... a little competition is good (I mean you especially, Arinoth...).
Helps to get people motivated... helps to lighten it up a bit...

Today, however, I was looking at the team stats and took a look at this page...
pete_scout - User Summary - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats

Now, I didn't know the guy, but I've read a lot of his threads, and I also read what happened to him.
Seeing all those 0s at the bottom of his page gave me a chill, and makes me remember the real reasons folding is a good thing.
It makes me wish I had more to contribute.
My father is suffering with cancer and it's only a matter of time until it takes him...
I hope that projects like folding@home make it so noone ever has to deal with such horrible things.
The competition is fun and all... but there is a very serious side to it as well.

Thanks guys and girls for turning me on to this.
I didn't know about folding until I came here.
Also, thanks for helping me get things all set up.

Last edited by somecanadianguy; July 31, 2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old July 31, 2009, 03:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

As long as i fold, i hope this little competition between the two of us keeps us on the our toes and hopefully brings other people you previously didn't fold into the running as well.

As to the rest of what you said, i agree with what you said. Once i found this site and knew what folding was, i decided i should contribute to the cause. I've had both my grandparents on my mother's side die from Alzheimer's and my dad's father was lucky enough to beat cancer himself. This is why i'm hoping to stir up more about folding when i go off to university of new brunswick this fall to help the cause (and hwc's numbers as well but not nearly as important).
Old July 31, 2009, 08:44 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

That's why I still Fold under the following addy: Folding_for_pscout - User Summary - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats
Old August 6, 2009, 11:51 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

It really is a great cause I havn't quite brought people on yet atleast not for any teams but I've talked a great deal about what my machines are doing while idle to family and friends. If we could get more people involved it would be great!

I have my own little competition going on with Arinoth but I think you still beat me quite heartedly lol!

Comp1 (Mine) : ASUS P9X79 LE, 3960X, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1333, PNY 770 4GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB, OCZ Vertex3 480GB, 600GB VelociRaptor, Corsair 1000HX, Cool Master Cosmos 2

Comp2 (Wife's) : ASUS Sabertooth P67, i7 2700K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866, 1TB HD, 2TB HD, EVGA 660, Corsair 1000HX, HAF 922

Comp3 (Kids) : ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2700K, 8GB 1866 GSkill, Gigabyte 770, Crucial M4 120GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB,1TB WD Black, Antec 850W, Antec 120