Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 20, 2009, 10:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default 25K Point WU

Since no one posted anything bout it, I figured I'll let you guys know bout the new 25k point WU that Stanford released. There's a lot of reading and I advise you to read over ALL the threads and posts before going for these 25k point WU. They want the work to be completed within 4 days, despite having a 6 day timeframe. Bonus points will be given if I understand this correctly. You MUST have some sort of 8 core system, whether it be Core i7 with HT or dual quad core CPUs in your system.

Folding Forum • View forum - New bonus plan TRIAL (bigadv)

Who's going to give them a try? Before you say me, again, READ EVERYTHING.
Old July 20, 2009, 10:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Nice, I've been thinking about dual booting Linux again, as my current GPU is stable at stock clocks unlike my last one. Plus only one client at a time instead of 4.
Old July 20, 2009, 10:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Does this mean if i have an i7 rig and running 4 clients that i either have the choice or it will download and run on my VMware automatically? Not quite sure what to make of it
Old July 20, 2009, 10:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

No, it will not run under VMware Player, because the Player is limited to 2 cores. Linux or OS/X machines only. And you must enable the -bigadv flag, and have a passkey.
Old July 20, 2009, 11:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Yuck, i am not a big fan of running either of those OSes on my machine
Old July 20, 2009, 11:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i think CMetaphor's Behemoth should try this out.
Old July 21, 2009, 04:07 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

... or my upcoming creation. I could run 2 of those.
Hmm.
Old July 21, 2009, 06:44 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Since no one posted anything bout it, I figured I'll let you guys know bout the new 25k point WU that Stanford released. There's a lot of reading and I advise you to read over ALL the threads and posts before going for these 25k point WU. They want the work to be completed within 4 days, despite having a 6 day timeframe. Bonus points will be given if I understand this correctly. You MUST have some sort of 8 core system, whether it be Core i7 with HT or dual quad core CPUs in your system.

Folding Forum • View forum - New bonus plan TRIAL (bigadv)

Who's going to give them a try? Before you say me, again, READ EVERYTHING.
So the WUs are 25000 points,they give you 6 days to do them,they would like them to be done in 4 so thats 6250 PPD,How many PPD are you guys getting with your Core i7 with HT or dual quad core CPUs ?
Old July 21, 2009, 08:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

With the 1920pt WU's, I'm pulling down about 9600 PPD at 3.8 Ghz. I was interested more because of the bonus.
Old July 21, 2009, 08:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If I read the announcement and important posts correctly, the bonus points are determined by how soon you complete the WU. The faster you complete them, the more bonus you get.

Yes, it's MAC and Linux only, but for those who don't mind using Linux and want to get the most out of folding....=D. I want to dual boot Windows 7 and Linux just to fold with that A2 core, but I won't because it's too troublesome and there's some programs that I'm scared that won't work.