Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 6, 2009, 11:35 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Lightbulb recruit more members

We have 292 members on our folding team and i think we all should try to recruit more great canadians to help us fight this war on cancer. Ask a friend or family member to join even ask total strangers at other forums you visit if they know anything about F@H and would like to join the team.Leave comments on youtube videos on how they should be folding for us with their computers or PS3's. place a ad in your local paper,that might be going to far,lol, but just think 300 members = 500000 ppd what would 35,000,000 canadians ppd be?lol. i guess all im trying to say is speak up about folding at home and get the word out about HCF and our small but growing F@H team that we need their help and more ppd.
Who have you recruited and Who recruited you?
WTF (way to fold) team keep up the good work
Old July 6, 2009, 11:51 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Good to see the enthusiasm!

We had a contest a short while ago that attracted lots of PPD that stuck around. More were promised, and hopefully we continue to see the great support from the HWC staffers.

Some of the things we can do is support each other by offering help on the forum, and by creating guides and tutorials that make it easier to get newbies started (this is being done in the background as we speak). Good tutorials may also generate hits via the search engines and drive exposure for our team. Getting friends and family members involved is great as well.
Fold for team #54196
Old July 7, 2009, 12:20 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

The contest is what got me started on folding... altho I was too late/lazy to enter it, all the talk about it got my attention..
Old July 7, 2009, 05:59 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

i was rethinking the part about putting ads in the news paper join www.hardwarecanucks.com - Montréal Computers For Sale - Kijiji Montréal wow that a long web address,lol this folding is addicting and we need more PPD so i'm trying to get the word out.lol hopefully this works its kijiji Montreal. In order to be #1 we have to get the word out.

Last edited by badatcards; July 7, 2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old July 7, 2009, 06:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm glad to be a part of the community and a newish member to folding. Lets kick cancer's (and disease's) ass! I wonder how long its gonna take me to get to 1 million (for folding not members, lol)
Old July 7, 2009, 06:38 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

ops i did it again lol Join Http://www.hardwarecanucks.com (Computer Hard Ware) lol. theirs tonnes of places where you can place free ads just trying to get the word out.lol
Old July 8, 2009, 12:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm part of another gaming community for a specific video game. So far I've gotten 5 other people folding there, mostly just with SMP/CPU clients. We've only been at it for about a month, I'm trying to maintain half of the team's points as a bit of a race. So far we have ~100k points. I think video game forums would be a good place to target for recruiting, so if anyone is a member on other gaming communities give it a shot :)
Old July 8, 2009, 08:47 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

way to go JMCD . I also like what this team is doing D&D Folding @ Home - Team #53338 with the PDF files that can be printed and posted by everyone. i was to make one for Hardware canucks but trying to put the HCF logo at the top and wanting it to look professional is hard to do with windows paint.lol. so if anyone thinks they can make a cool one's using the HCF logo and F@H team info i would put some up at the local grocery stores and on telephone poles. i personly like the one that you can rip off the pieces with info on the botton
Old July 8, 2009, 10:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

i was just looking at the hardwarecanucks store and was thinking you need some Hardeware Canucks DAM GOOD FOLDERS hats, t-shirts,mugs,ect.maybe give them out for prizes in the next contest. or to members that have made huge milestones. i would wear one.it would help get the word out
Old July 8, 2009, 11:14 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

i also made this i was going to go pin up at some local stores (grocery stores, computer shops,bus stops) just where ever people may see it. so if you think i should add anything or make any changes let me know.
Attached Images