Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 4, 2009, 10:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouki View Post
This is the guide i used to set up my clients but i only run 2 for cpu and 1 with gpu so i can do other things on my pc. Guide: Setting up notfred in VMWare Player - [H]ard|Forum. The only thing i changed was when i configured winafc to set priority and affinity i added theses lines. Now i don't have to watch to see if everything is set.

*\vmware-vmx.exe := PAIR0+PAIR1 [assign=2,priority=Idle,force=yes]
*\FahCore_11.exe := ALL [priority=High]
*\FahCore_14.exe := ALL [priority=High]
What the hell is winafc and what do those lines of code do, do i need to do them?
Old July 4, 2009, 10:19 PM
Top Prospect

I see you are running gpu as well but it depends what else you do with your pc or if you want lots of ppd. You will get more points with your gpu but i like to play games or watch movies sometimes so i just use 2. Might try using 3 clients and 1 gpu to see if it really slows down my pc.
Old July 4, 2009, 10:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well my plan is to mainly run it when i'm not using my computer, since when i am using the computer its typically one the wanting to use the resources to what i'm doing. Oddly enough though, hfm.net wont properly update the progress % or anything with the GPU
Old July 4, 2009, 10:23 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
What the hell is winafc and what do those lines of code do, do i need to do them?
WinAFC sets priorities to your cores so it doesn't mess up with your gpu folding. There a few ways to do this but i found this was the best for me as i don't have to do much once it's up and running. I'm not sure which guide you followed so maybe you already have it set some other way.
Old July 4, 2009, 10:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Nah, its more or less the defaults other then the memory and the fact each are doing 2 cores is all. Now why would hfm.net isn't recognizing/updating the % and PPD for the GPU now, lol, why can't i have one monitoring program working for both applications of folding
Old July 4, 2009, 10:26 PM
Top Prospect

Right click the GPU - F@H icon in taskbar then go to Status > Log file. Once you have that opened up look at launch directory and that's the folder you put in hfm.net.
Old July 4, 2009, 10:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Yep, it doesn't have the progress/status or PPD updated/proper at all
Old July 4, 2009, 10:30 PM
Top Prospect

Dumb question but did you unpause it? I saw in your ss that you had it paused. If not try resetting the gpu client.
Old July 4, 2009, 10:34 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Yes i unpaused it, it just didn't want to update it at all, lol. Also did that, fahmon sees it working just fine for the gpu, thats the funny part of this.

Edit: it seems by changing the C to a lower case c and the f in fold to upper case fahmon seems to monitor it (the vmware cpu folding) now
Old July 4, 2009, 10:40 PM
Top Prospect

Well that's the fun in folding is trying to figure out how it works. Glad you figured it out.