Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12, 2010, 05:49 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Hey thanks guys! Just getting started.

It starts with 10K PPD, then you have to have 15K, 20K, etc etc....Great community and happy to be on the team!
Tell me about it... Only been at this a week and I'd have to say I'm completely addicted Just curious... how long have you guys been at it? When did the folding team start?
Old January 12, 2010, 05:57 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtrotter59 View Post
Tell me about it... Only been at this a week and I'd have to say I'm completely addicted Just curious... how long have you guys been at it? When did the folding team start?
Amen to that. I am about to buy another Core i7 system this coming weekend and it is going to be 100% for folding. Just to feed the addiction

The folding team started around March 2007 AFAIK.
Old January 12, 2010, 06:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
We're producing more ppd then NCIX is on a daily 24 hour basis now, you are probably a large cause, same with other new folding members and others ramping it up still

Dead Things is a major factor too.
Old January 12, 2010, 06:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I'm been a folding addict since i started back this past summer and keep trying to find ways to squeeze out more ppd from the hardware i have (or even get little upgrades to boost it).

Best of all its for a good cause and you're also supporting your 'local' hydro company
Old January 12, 2010, 06:13 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I'm been a folding addict since i started back this past summer and keep trying to find ways to squeeze out more ppd from the hardware i have (or even get little upgrades to boost it).

Best of all its for a good cause and you're also supporting your 'local' hydro company
There's an upside to the power consumption thing... My room is in the basement, it used to be cold and damp... now it's toasty warm Folding rigs = space heaters. A positive for me...
Old January 12, 2010, 06:27 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
There's an upside to the power consumption thing... My room is in the basement, it used to be cold and damp... now it's toasty warm Folding rigs = space heaters. A positive for me...
You will find the folding team having fun taunting each other a bit too. Like Perenium...he gave me a hard time when he passed me on the charts...payback time will arrive in about 3 weeks...

Lowfat will be a force to be reckoned with when his addiction hits full stride. He got bored with watercooling a while back I think, and now he messes with phase cooling, etc. A 4.8ghz OC or two will get ya up the charts in a hurry...
Fold for team #54196
Old January 12, 2010, 06:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Pfft, I'm just looking forward to passing you a second time, that's all
Old January 12, 2010, 06:50 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
You will find the folding team having fun taunting each other a bit too. Like Perenium...he gave me a hard time when he passed me on the charts...payback time will arrive in about 3 weeks...

Lowfat will be a force to be reckoned with when his addiction hits full stride. He got bored with watercooling a while back I think, and now he messes with phase cooling, etc. A 4.8ghz OC or two will get ya up the charts in a hurry...
So far I've just been folding on videocards... with one instance of the regular cpu client running on each machine in windows XP (all are dual core E8400's). Next step will be to start folding on the cpu's doing the vmware thing. I picked up 2 Q6600's and a Q9550 last week and hope to get them up and running soon... It's a rather steep learning curve for me as I have no experience running virtual machines and using the command line. All my machines can handle it... just got to figure out how to do it... Any recomendations as to which guide I should use and which OS I should be running to maximize PPD.
Old January 12, 2010, 06:59 PM
Allstar
F@H

Boost Your PPD with VMWare - Look inside for easy guides!

This one

if i can understand it, a drunk monkey can to....
Old January 12, 2010, 07:06 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hehehe everyone missed my Milestones

3 Millon Folks.

And to think I started with an e8400 and HIS 2600 Pro.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com