Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old May 19, 2009, 01:08 AM
Scratch's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Victoria BC Canada
Posts: 373

My System Specs

Default

in a way I find this somewhat humerous as it required 5 boards to finally get a decent 680i and I've had no problems with it ever since goin on 2 years now, however the Asus board I purchased for my wifes pc died on me so meh
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old May 19, 2009, 05:41 AM
Chos3n's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rigaud,QC
Posts: 745
Default

So... if my 680i had to be defective... I would get a brand new 780i board.... mhhh. That's a big "if" ...

EDIT: Somehow my board doesn't seem to be under warranty... is all board covered with lifetime warranty.
__________________
System | Ragnarok
Case Antec 900
PSU Corsair TX750W
CPU Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Memory Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old May 19, 2009, 05:50 AM
Sagath's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Petawawa, ON
Posts: 2,509

My System Specs

Default

Is anyone looking to unload a 750i/780i off hand? I really need to rep this P5k to get PCI-e 2.0 and SLI capabilities...otherwise that 2nd GTX275 isnt going to do me much good, besides PhysX.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chos3n View Post
So... if my 680i had to be defective... I would get a brand new 780i board.... mhhh. That's a big "if" ...

EDIT: Somehow my board doesn't seem to be under warranty... is all board covered with lifetime warranty.
Depends, what make is it? Asus 680i's dont come with lifetime, for example. If, however, it is the EVGA one listed in your sig, then its covered lifetime.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
AKG shot the hamsters, and then Perineum drove his Mustang with summer tires into the server.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old May 19, 2009, 06:01 AM
Chos3n's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rigaud,QC
Posts: 745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Is anyone looking to unload a 750i/780i off hand? I really need to rep this P5k to get PCI-e 2.0 and SLI capabilities...otherwise that 2nd GTX275 isnt going to do me much good, besides PhysX.....

Depends, what make is it? Asus 680i's dont come with lifetime, for example. If, however, it is the EVGA one listed in your sig, then its covered lifetime.
Yeah, it's an EVGA motherboard ... how do you get the lifetime warranty? Do you need to register the board or something?
__________________
System | Ragnarok
Case Antec 900
PSU Corsair TX750W
CPU Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Memory Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old May 19, 2009, 06:38 AM
Sagath's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Petawawa, ON
Posts: 2,509

My System Specs

Default

EVGA | Support | default

Short and sweet: If you didnt register the mobo within 30 days of purchase, its only covered for 1 year, NOT lifetime. Hope you registered

If you didnt register, you can always try contacting them. See if they will help you out. EVGA is a kickass company, and they may help you out if you talk to them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
AKG shot the hamsters, and then Perineum drove his Mustang with summer tires into the server.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old May 19, 2009, 06:48 AM
Chos3n's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rigaud,QC
Posts: 745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
EVGA | Support | default

Short and sweet: If you didnt register the mobo within 30 days of purchase, its only covered for 1 year, NOT lifetime. Hope you registered

If you didnt register, you can always try contacting them. See if they will help you out. EVGA is a kickass company, and they may help you out if you talk to them.
Unfortunatly, I think this is what happened, my board was registered later then the date... good thing I did this with my new GTX 260 Core 216...

Oh well, I'll ticket them and see... they are a pretty good company and I know that.
__________________
System | Ragnarok
Case Antec 900
PSU Corsair TX750W
CPU Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Memory Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] RONEDOGG'S Box O' Junk RONEDOGG Buy/Sell & Trade 8 April 27, 2009 04:17 AM
[WTT] One man's junk is another man's treasure, lets trade!! zzaa604 Buy/Sell & Trade 7 January 10, 2009 08:25 AM
Junk yard for Toyota parts in Montreal?? tao5269 Off Topic 5 October 22, 2008 01:46 PM
evga 680i , which one ? Jim CPU's and Motherboards 3 August 28, 2007 11:03 AM
680i sata connections Unklmo Troubleshooting 6 August 2, 2007 09:25 PM