Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13, 2009, 04:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Damn Prof...if thats the case you got yourself a Sweet 8600GT....
Maybe its really a Rebadged 9800GT

If thats the case, I wouldn't complain, thats decent numbers for sure, and near the same clocks as my EVGA 9800GT.

Regards,
ST
Nah, this 8600GT was send to me straight from XFX. I got it before it reached the store shelves, a loooong time ago. But anyways: I don't think this is right.... The 9800GX2 and 8600GT run on a 680i board in slot 1 and 3.
I think, somehow, while setting up all three clients something went wrong. I'm pretty sure that that's the case. As it looks right now, the second GX2 client is doing 1390PPD(on a 1888), the first GX2 is doing 4797PPD(on a 1888) and the 8600 is doing 4989 (on a 768). I start GPU 1, then GPU 2 on the GX2 and then I start the 8600GT.

I think shortcut 'GPU 2' somehow starts up the 8600GT and shortcut '8600GT' starts up the second GPU client on the 9800GX2. Little complicated ey? But I've seen it before. It happens that the second GPU on the GX2 does less points than the first. Who knows... i'm still racking up 12K PPD on this rig and that is fairly stable!

Below is a pic of the above described issue. Let's see if we can find more results out there....

Old May 13, 2009, 05:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah , perhaps you got the wrong directory listed for your GPU's.
I did that too when I set up Storm Force....I put one of my CPU Clients as a GPU.
I had a heart attack when my precious GTS250 was doing 796ppd....

Probably something like that at least for you,

St

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 13, 2009, 06:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Nope, that's not it. It is the first thing I checked :) It has something to do with the startup of the clients.... dunno what it is though....
Old May 13, 2009, 07:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Hmmm yeah thats the only troubleshooting I can really do with folding considering how much of a rookie I still am.
One of these folding Guru's need to stop by my place and sit down with me and this VM ware/SMP stuff lol!
My wife makes a mean Canaloni , and I've got about 100wines from every part of the globe lol!

No idea why it is showing that PPD for that Card Dr, Still, if you are managing to crank out such good PPD then I wouldn't touch it for now lol.
If its all running on the same machine, could it have some compatibility issue that is messing up FAHmon/Spy????? (the only way to know would be to pop the other cards out and see, which sucks)

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old May 13, 2009, 08:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Canaloni and 100 wines ey? Sounds very Italian... For a nice Amarone or Brunello I could be persuaded.....lol! We're getting nicely OT... Sorry OP!
Old May 13, 2009, 09:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Dr. Silver View Post
Canaloni and 100 wines ey? Sounds very Italian... For a nice Amarone or Brunello I could be persuaded.....lol! We're getting nicely OT... Sorry OP!
I know we are getting OT lol, but I swear we answered his question 3 pages ago.
Bahhhh I got a Reisling and a Gevurtztraminer that would make you smile endlessly lol.
And a couple of nice Ice Wines for Desert.

And, my hunny has the Italian Side, I'm German lol :)

ST

Old May 13, 2009, 09:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Bahhhh I got a Reisling and a Gevurtztraminer that would make you smile endlessly lol.
German ey? You never think so by just looking at those wines.... lol. I'm Dutch and the wife is Israeli.... can you guess which wines we have?
Old May 13, 2009, 09:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Dr. Silver View Post
German ey? You never think so by just looking at those wines.... lol. I'm Dutch and the wife is Israeli.... can you guess which wines we have?

Probably better ones than I have,
Or, like some wines long past, the kind that can also be used to Degrease an Engine?
:)
I'm a white wine fan, there is a chemical in Reds that gives me problems.

ST

Old May 13, 2009, 09:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Probably better ones than I have,
Or, like some wines long past, the kind that can also be used to Degrease an Engine?
:)
I'm a white wine fan, there is a chemical in Reds that gives me problems.

ST
Nah... my wife and I can't keep wines... we buy em, we have to drink em!

OP: I'm still getting lots of 1888 WU's! LOL
Old May 13, 2009, 02:36 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I know we are getting OT lol, but I swear we answered his question 3 pages ago.

And, my hunny has the Italian Side, I'm German lol :)

ST
I'm Austrian.

My ex-wife, though being a pain in the you know where, actually made me discover those wines from the Alsace region in France.