Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 9, 2009, 03:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

That Hailstorm....was insane.
I am in the market now for another APC unit, but I have to admit it did its job perfectly.
Other than my software getting really really muddled up, both Rigs made it.
But I'm assuming that they are on different breakers (different rooms) because one APC went to backup, the other self-destructed.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 9, 2009, 03:46 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Read on the news that there was ping-pong sized hail up your way.

What do you think about the Cyberpower units ST? On paper they look good for the price.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 9, 2009, 04:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Sounds like the storm that hit fort mac a couple years ago, broke car windshields and left quarter sized dents in the metal, destroyed house siding and roofing, bankrupted alot of people who didnt insure against it =( I wasnt there but ive seen the aftermath, buddy of mine got a brand new ford pickup fully loaded for 9 grand because of the quarter sized pelts all over the body. Every car lot intown had to either extremely discount their vehicals or take a complete loss.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old May 9, 2009, 04:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I just use a Surge protector a Belkin one, i know it aint gonna stop my wus from goin on but it will protect my equipment from frying righht?? lol
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
OCZ 600W GameXstream
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Antec Spot Cool
Logitech X-230
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Old May 9, 2009, 06:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I use the same thing dashock and so far its worked great through a few extended power outages and surges, the one I got is some noma I got for $24.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old May 9, 2009, 06:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, right now I've got a surge protector from Belkin, probably a middle ranged one. For now I don't need a UPS, but I probably should for safety of my hardware.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old May 9, 2009, 06:34 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Read on the news that there was ping-pong sized hail up your way.

What do you think about the Cyberpower units ST? On paper they look good for the price.
The only thing I don't like about it Chrisk, is the Joules rating it has.
My APC was rated at 2650, that one is 1080. But beyond that, it looks good for the price.
I'd like to see if it has software controls for it though, and how they work.

Next time i'm at CC i'll crack one open to look and get its UL or CSA # and find out how good it really is.

On an off note, I am an avid (yet amature) storm chaser, it was really a Bizzare feeling when the Storm came to me.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old May 9, 2009, 07:04 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
The only thing I don't like about it Chrisk, is the Joules rating it has.
My APC was rated at 2650, that one is 1080. But beyond that, it looks good for the price.
I'd like to see if it has software controls for it though, and how they work.

Next time i'm at CC i'll crack one open to look and get its UL or CSA # and find out how good it really is.
ST
There is software control for it, although I am not too sure how robust it is.

Any info you find on the UPS is great; report back on Saturday, May 23rd, at 7pm. Meeting will be at the Loose Moose.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 9, 2009, 07:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
There is software control for it, although I am not too sure how robust it is.

Any info you find on the UPS is great; report back on Saturday, May 23rd, at 7pm. Meeting will be at the Loose Moose.

ROFL!!!! Yes Sir!!!!
However, it might take a beer before I Talk!!!

ST

Old May 9, 2009, 07:37 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Rickard's White, am I correct?
Fold for team #54196