Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14, 2009, 10:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sorry - what I mean is that on the 19th, I plan to go back to folding for NCIX.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old May 16, 2009, 11:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

U can add me as well 8800GT 4k cheers all!
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
OCZ 600W GameXstream
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Antec Spot Cool
Logitech X-230
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Old May 28, 2009, 09:29 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

So there I was just minding my own biz when I stumbled onto this interesting thread over at overclocking.com's forums.

pete_scout - Overclockers Forums

Seems his original team is also doing a tribute to pete scout but folding under his real nick which he used there since March 20th 2005. I guess pete just helped out the fledgling HWC forums team for awhile before he stopped altogether. I never met him but wow he seemed like a terrific person to help out a young team like that. Someone over at ocf mentioned that pete scout was recorded talking to ChasR another ocf members about folding in a podcast (I'd love to hear that!). This kind of made my day how pete's folding endeavors are still recognised by more than just us and I never knew he was such an early powerhouse folder on a top 3 team. I'm really very glad we decided to rename his nick for our tribute as all his stats have remained as he left us and his last day sadly.

Anyways if anyone has a registered account over at ocf I'd highly recommend someone from here dropping in on that thread and saying a word or two. I just signed up and my registration validation e-mail from them is taking forever to come in.

*Edit: I found the OCF podcast and it's an outstanding listen, I recommend this to every new or old folder here. Pete sounds incredibly knowledgable and explains the principles of folding very clearly and concisely. This podcast goes back awhile so theres not much talk about gpu folding so listening to them talk about ppd they got on just cpu's is alot less than what we get now.

The OCF Podcast, Episode 4: "Folding@Home" - Overclockers Forums

Last edited by Alwaysrun; May 28, 2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old May 28, 2009, 11:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Happy my question led to all of this.
Old May 28, 2009, 11:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorsejohnny View Post
Happy my question led to all of this.
LOL no kidding eh, it all start with, hey who is pscout LOL

your craziness got to them
Old May 29, 2009, 04:18 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
So there I was just minding my own biz when I stumbled onto this interesting thread over at overclocking.com's forums.

pete_scout - Overclockers Forums

Seems his original team is also doing a tribute to pete scout but folding under his real nick which he used there since March 20th 2005. I guess pete just helped out the fledgling HWC forums team for awhile before he stopped altogether. I never met him but wow he seemed like a terrific person to help out a young team like that. Someone over at ocf mentioned that pete scout was recorded talking to ChasR another ocf members about folding in a podcast (I'd love to hear that!). This kind of made my day how pete's folding endeavors are still recognised by more than just us and I never knew he was such an early powerhouse folder on a top 3 team. I'm really very glad we decided to rename his nick for our tribute as all his stats have remained as he left us and his last day sadly.

Anyways if anyone has a registered account over at ocf I'd highly recommend someone from here dropping in on that thread and saying a word or two. I just signed up and my registration validation e-mail from them is taking forever to come in.

*Edit: I found the OCF podcast and it's an outstanding listen, I recommend this to every new or old folder here. Pete sounds incredibly knowledgable and explains the principles of folding very clearly and concisely. This podcast goes back awhile so theres not much talk about gpu folding so listening to them talk about ppd they got on just cpu's is alot less than what we get now.

The OCF Podcast, Episode 4: "Folding@Home" - Overclockers Forums
There are 2 other threads here too, the links are shown in my initial post.

Peter was not even there at the start of the Folding team here; but since it was a canadian site, he jumped right in and felt at home. He managed to run dual users (pscout here, pete_scout at OCF) and still managed to remain in the top 20.

Tx for the podcast, I will listen to it at lunchtime.
Old May 29, 2009, 11:43 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I'm in folks. I just think this is an awesome tribute to this gentleman. As some may know I recently had back surgery but recovery did not go well. My incision become infected and I was literally next to death for a few days, and it was the HWC forum that kept my mind busy and off the pain. If not for the distraction of the forum it would have been an even more miserable experience. It will be my honour and pleasure to contribute to this effort.

HWC is fast becoming a small family for me and I feel as though I knew pscout even though we never met because you all have managed to keep his memory alive. I will be contributing my PS3 and my CPU client the sweet AMD 9950 that I bought off Killswitch (thanks buddy great CPU btw) so I should be good for about 1500 PPD. The recent update to the PS3 client has increased my PPD from 900 average to just over 1000. Both are on pretty much 24/7.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Last edited by Pelt; May 29, 2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old May 29, 2009, 12:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelt View Post
I'm in folks. I just think this is an awesome tribute to this gentleman. As some may know I recently had back surgery but recovery did not go well. My incision become infected and I was literally next to death for a few days, and it was the HWC forum that kept my mind busy and off the pain. If not for the distraction of the forum it would have been an even more miserable experience. It will be my honour and pleasure to contribute to this effort.

HWC is fast becoming a small family for me and I feel as though I knew pscout even though we never met because you all have managed to keep his memory alive. I will be contributing my PS3 and my CPU client the sweet AMD 940 that I bought off Killswitch (thanks buddy great CPU btw) so I should be good for about 1500 PPD. The recent update to the PS3 client has increased my PPD from 900 average to just over 1000. Both are on pretty much 24/7.

Every Bit Counts Pelt! Thank you!!

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 29, 2009, 08:49 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

One more member added.
Old June 29, 2009, 09:09 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Okay, I think I'm on the right thread now.